RN Case Manager -sign on bonus
All for Kids Home Health is looking for a Registered Nurse Case Manager that is responsible for working with parent CNA's. All for Kids is a rapidly growing home health agency that supports kids with special needs and/or critical medical conditions. We take a family-kid-centered approach and partner with the family in their child's care. In working together, our clients and families experience firsthand our team's shared commitment to compassion, excellence, and reliability the core values of All for Kids!
Essential Functions: Responsible for planning, coordinating and documenting care for an assigned caseload of patients. Utilizing physicians' orders and professional skills the Home Health RN develops and implements a home health plan that meets each patient's specific needs and is in compliance with accrediting organization standards, federal and state regulations, reimbursement guidelines, as well as agency policies and procedures.
Level of Responsibility: Works under the supervision of the Supervising Nurse or their designee. Supervises licensed practical nurses and home health aides as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses patient/clients condition, initiates plan of care, re-evaluates and updates as necessary.
- Provides skilled nursing services per physician orders, agency policies and procedures and professional standards.
- Performs all aspects of patient/client care in an environment that optimizes safety.
- Obtains all necessary physician orders and collaborates with the physician as the patient's needs dictate.
- Coordinates patient care and participates in case conferences to discuss multidisciplinary team responsibilities, patient progress, plans for continued care, new problems, etc.
- Initiates preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as necessary.
- Counsels the patient/client and family in meeting patients needs.
- Assists the patient/client in planning for discharge as appropriate.
- Obtains needed supplies and equipment to provide care.
- Documents all care and services provided according to professional standards and agency policy and procedures.
- Adheres to all agency policies and procedures.
- Completes all mandatory agency training and in-service activities.
- Participates in the agencys quality management activities.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication and working relationships.
- Supports and maintains a culture of safety and quality.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- Performs related duties as required.
- One year nursing experience.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado, or another compact state.
- Previous experience in the home care industry preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing practice, with emphasis on the provision of nursing services in the home environment.
- Ability to foster constructive and therapeutic relationships with patients/clients and their families.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Current, valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado (or other compact state).
- CPR certification.
- Current, valid driver's license and auto insurance
- Access to a reliable automobile.
Exposure/Risk Category: Tasks involve occupational exposure to blood, body fluids or tissue.
Positive Attitude Home Health Experience a plus.Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.Energetic and team-oriented.Detail oriented and well organized.Strong customer service focus and experience.Ability to accomplish multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.Strong analytical and problem solving skills.Strong oral and written communication skills.Excellent computer skills. Ability to quickly grasp concepts quickly.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.