Registered Nurse PRN
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Job Location: Tomahawk, WI / Menomonee Falls, WI / Kansas City, MO / York, PA
The Lifestyle Center is an on-site Occupational Health setting utilizing a multidisciplinary approach through Medical, Rehab and Fitness programs providing Occupational Health and Wellness to employees and contractors to reduce injuries and illnesses and promote wellness through a holistic approach. The Registered Nurse will be responsible for assessing and treating any illnesses or injury and making appropriate decisions for care and treatment using evidence based medicine. This role will work closely with other disciplines to ensure appropriate care; i.e. Case Manager, Athletic Trainers, Fitness Trainers, EAP, internal and external stakeholders. This role will also perform audiograms, drug and alcohol testing, flu vaccines, biometrics, post offer physicals, and if appropriate travel medicine. This role may oversee LPN/Paramedic/MA as highest credentialed professional when managing emergencies.
- Uses nursing skills and evidence based medicine to assess and treat
- Uses critical thinking to manage emergent situations and ongoing care
- Administers medical treatment and medication competently as directed by following the Standing Orders and Nursing Guidelines
- Assures quality of care by adhering to standards of care set by the state board of nursing, state nurse practice act and other governing agency regulations.
- Measures health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making and recommending changes.
- Manages the coordination of a multi-disciplinary approach utilizing medical, rehab, fitness, employee assistance and any other services necessary to meet the health and wellness of the employee
- Ensures continuity among teams by documenting and communicating information, responding to requests, building rapport and participating in team problem solving
- Works with individuals to assess and educate on their medical condition
- May perform duties telephonically
- Administration and tracking of annual vaccinations, audiograms, drug & alcohol testing, biometrics, medical questionnaires
- Administrative functions to include but not limited to; software data entry, telecommunications, emails, submission of individual notifications, clinical documentation and reporting, scheduling, follow ups, coordinate and facilitate pre-visit paperwork and consent forms
- Additional job tasks may include cross training of clinical team as appropriate
- Adheres to all appropriate privacy, security, and confidentiality policies and procedures. Compliance with and detailed understanding of HIPAA and Patient Privacy Act
- Adheres to licensure and professional scope of practice. Provides treatment within scope of practice
- Survey work environments for hazards. Maintains a clean environment and ensures operation of equipment
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications
- Performs other duties as assigned. May require supervision of LPNs/Paramedics/CNAs/MAs as the highest credentialed professional when managing emergency and other care
- Certificate from an accredited Nursing School is required
- Current Licensure in the state of practice
- Possess active licensure with no disciplinary actions within past 5 years
- Active certification in CPR and BLS, ACLS if required
- Computer skills required with working knowledge of standard office suite software
- 4-6 years clinical experience highly preferred, with three years in occupational setting preferred
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- COHN or COHN-S certification a plus
- CAOHC training or experience a plus
- Certified BAT/USD collection a plus
- Knowledgeable of workplace safety and health and OSHA regulations
- Able to competently conduct head to toe physical exams including vital signs
- Able to competently give injections and draw blood
- Able to competently manage audiograms and perform urine drug screens/blood alcohol testing.
- Able to competently utilize evidence based medicine to assess and treat and recommend changes to care
- Able to work in a fast-paced team environment ensuring open communication and providing direction
Work Environment: On-site clinic in an industrial setting. Steel Toed Safety Shoes required. Hearing Protection may be required depending upon site. Safety Glasses required.
Key Nursing Competencies:
Problem Solving/Critical Thinking
Communication skills/Attention to detail
Frequent standing, walking, sitting
Frequent Pincing, grasping and gripping
Reaching with hands/arms floor to overhead
Able to lift 35 lbs. or more
Walk quickly to shop floor to manage emergencies carrying emergency equipment
Flexible Hours as needed for business purposes. May be required to work weekends.
Travel on occasion
Duties and Responsibilities may change dependent on business needsCompany Description
Are you passionate about making people healthier and more productive? Helping them lead better lives at work and at home?
If you answered yes - welcome to BTE. Youll feel at home here. Surrounded by like-minded individuals who stop at nothing to make an impact, every day. A lasting, tangible impact on your career, on our organization, and on the state of healthcare worldwide. Adding up your daily wins to impact global change for good. At BTE, we recognize that we are a special company. Thats why we need you. Our culture thrives on it. We are home to people like you, who are passionate about their work life and believe that work should be fun. You can have it all. Get the best of both worlds with BTE. Enjoy the freedom to make a real impact in a small, exciting company with a rapid growth trajectory. Built on the stability and track record of over 35 years of excellence in healthcare. Serving our broad, loyal, global market. This is an exciting career opportunity with growth potential for a dedicated and driven individual. Comprehensive benefits package including Company 401K match.