Director of Nursing - Alternate
Previous experience in Home Health Care required
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing to join our team! Assisting the Director of Nursing, you will be responsible for supervising and directing the clinical staff - which includes direct Skilled Nurses (office staff nurses), field nurses, Home Health Aides, and therapeutic care team. This individual, just like the Director of Nursing, is available at all times during operating hours of 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and will assist with administrative duties as delegated by the Administrator.
- Maintain quality standards through chart reviews, outcome evaluation and development of action plans. Utilize the Quality Assurance Nurse as the key owner of this action and provide needed guidance and oversight.
- assist the Director of Nursing in providingleadership in all activities relevant to the professional services provided, including the development of qualifications and assignment of personnel.
- Act as the primary liaison with physicians, therapists, case managers, and other business associates to ensure coordination of patient care.
- Retain an up-to-date knowledge of clinical practice standards and disease management, including Medicare and Illinois Department of Public Health rules and regulations.
- Expert guidance and assistance to the Administrator in all matters relating to the delivery of home health services.
- Assistance with budget development, implementation and evaluation.
- Other duties deemed necessary by the Administrator to maintain Agency standards, especially with regards to Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Procurement and management of medical and nursing supplies.
- BSN not required, but preferred.
- Illinois Registerd Nurse License required.
- Previous experience in home healthcare, nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with clinical staff and clients.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Vision Home Health Care, Inc. is a CHAP-accredited and Medicare-certified, privately-owned and managed home health care agency based in Mount Prospect, Illinois. We provide high quality home health care services to the outlying counties and we provide them with the highest respect to our clients. Anyone who falls ill or grows old deserves the same dignity as all of us who are able-bodied. Our team will make sure to provide the necessary assistance that your injured, ailing or mobility-limited loved one needs at home.