Quality Assurance Nurse - RN
Previous experience in Home Health Care required
We are seeking a Quality Assurance Nurse to join our office team! You will be responsible for maintaining quality standards and overall compliance of documentation in clients' clinical records, coordination of client visits, communications with clients, visiting field nurses and home doctor groups.
- Participates in the review, analysis and appraisal of the effectiveness of the Plan of Care.
- Consults with physicians when necessary to ensure and maintain safe, efficient and quality client care.
- Communicates with clients/ families on home health related issues and problems.
- Communicates with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Reviews case management notes that document communications regarding client care and how each situation was handled.
- Facilitates referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintains accurate patient medical records
- Assist in relaying messages to field staff, office staff and community liaisons.
- Ensures that replacement workers are assigned in a timely fashion.
- Ensures that staff has all the materials necessary to perform their work and recommends, in writing, to the Director of Nursing the need for any additions, deletions or changes in Agency Policy.
- Assists the Director of Nursing in the evaluation and resolution of employee's complaints, grievances and other employment issues related to performance.
- Assists, as requested, in resolving tardy submission of progress notes, delays in billing as well as other paperwork related errors or problems.
- Projects a concerned, professional attitude toward everyone and is a strong team player.
- Establishes mutual goal setting and achievement standards.
- Assures confidentiality of clinical records
- Is the leader of the Agency's Quarterly Review Board.
- Schedules Board Meetings and obviouslyparticipates in the quarterly clinical record review involving representatives from the different clinical disciplines involved in client care.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) not required, but preferred.
- Illinois Nursing License
- Previous experience in home healthcare, nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients, doctors, field nurses and therapists
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Vision Home Health Care, Inc. is a CHAP-accredited and Medicare-certified, privately-owned and managed home health care agency based in Mount Prospect, Illinois. We provide high quality home health care services to the outlying counties and we provide them with the highest respect to our clients. Anyone who falls ill or grows old deserves the same dignity as all of us who are able-bodied. Our team will make sure to provide the necessary assistance that your injured, ailing or mobility-limited loved one needs at home.