Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
Full Time, 3PM to 11PM - Candidates living in and around Elmhurst, IL(Northwest Suburbs area) preferred.
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant to join our team! You will work alongside fellow caregivers to provide high quality patient care.
- Provide patient care under direction of professional nursing personnel
- Administers bedside and general care to patients
- Sterilize and prepare medical tools and equipment
- Assist in the transport of patients
- Encourage patients to do as much for themselves as possible within their capabilities
- Provide companionship and basic care to patients
- Maintain a clean and healthy environment
- High school graduation or equivalent is required
- Satisfactory completion of Certified Nurse Assistant Program
- Certification must be current and the CNA must be in good standing with the IDPH Registry
- Previous experience in nursing, patient care, or other related fields is preferred
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Ability to learn and apply nursing techniques for the care of the patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- Ability to work well in teams
We're family oriented and it shows in the exceptional care we provide. We are a family owned and operated skilled nursing facility offering peace of mind to families since 1960. We believe family matters. Our facility provides 24 hour comprehensive care to our residents. We specialize in rehabilitation, skilled nursing care, memory care, respite stays, and long term care.
With our excellent staff-to-resident ratio, our dedicated staff is able to provide individualized care to our resident and their families. We provide a welcoming family centered environment that treats everyone with kindness and respect.
Elmhurst Extended Care Center is licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health and has a certified Medicare and Medicaid program. We are rated 5 out of 5 stars by Medicare. Our facility holds a 3-year commendation from CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) for being a person-centered long-term care community. We are ranked as one of U.S. News and World Reports Best Nursing Homes.