Travel Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy (Endo)
Travel Registered Nurse (RN) Endoscopy (Endo)
At American Medical Traveler, we understand that finding a worthwhile career opportunity can be tough, especially when there are so many directions to turn. What sets us apart from the competition is that we are a boutique travel company with big box store travel benefits and opportunities. We firmly stand by the belief that we can build stronger communities by enriching the lives of others through memorable connections and extraordinary care. This begins with valuing our nurses and exceeding your expectations for your next travel contract opportunity. Travel your way to new opportunities with us, and we guarantee you wont be disappointed.
We are currently seeking Registered Nurses (RNs) with experience in Endoscopy (Endo) for an immediate opportunity in Tulsa, OK. Compassionate RNs with a minimum of two years of experience are encouraged to explore this opportunity and learn about these following great benefits:
- Most competitive pay rates and bonuses offered in the industry
- Tax Free Travel Packages
- Free Private Housing
- Comprehensive Travel Stipends/Packages
- Rewarding Benefits and Incentive programs
- Group Healthcare Benefits (Effective Day 1)
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Life & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Plan
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- And More!
- Assists the RN in collection of data for an objective assessment to identify patient needs. May be cross trained to work in multiple areas including the admit/discharge area in Endo and OSC, in the Interventional Procedure area as a procedure assistant, and in the transport department.
- Provides technical skills as a member of the team, communicating with supervisors, other staff members, other department staff members, physicians and anesthesiologists. Assists physician with various procedures including but not limited to: EGD, flexible sigmoidoscopies, Colonoscopies, Bronchoscopies, PEG/JPEG/NG placement and exchange, EBUS, diagnostic and therapeutic EUS procedures, ERCP. Fine needle aspiration, BRAVO etc. Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions.
- Responsible for procedure room preparation and turnover. Gathers and organizes required supplies and non-controlled pharmaceuticals for procedures. Restocks supplies as needed; may order supplies. Ensures that travel carts used for emergency procedures are restocked and fully functional.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff by complying with regulatory agency requirements and hospital policy, including use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment per hospital policy. Prepares room for isolation and protection of all staff from airborne diseases such as TB, including the use of air flow systems and special masks.
- Maintains knowledge and awareness of professional and practice issues related to the field of endoscopy/gastroenterology and pulmonology. Attends in services and self identifies learning needs regarding equipment and procedures. SGNA certification strongly encouraged upon meeting eligibility requirements.
- Enters data to include names of all staff present and scopes utilized into documentation system. Responsible for collection, labeling and handling all specimens collected during procedures.
- Member of the Endoscopy Call Team. Remains calm in emergent situations; adapts readily to dynamic patient situations by having appropriate equipment selected and prepared for urgent utilization by the physician.
- Participates in organizational and departmental performance improvement activities. May be an active member of the Unit Based Council, quality committees, RBC team etc.
- Serves as a preceptor to train all new staff including new Endo techs and RNs. May assist in training MDs with new equipment.
- Responsible for the decontamination/high level disinfection of all types of endoscopes according to equipment Manufacturers' guidelines and SGNA recommended practice. Maintains documentation records of reprocessing for quality purposes including all scope washer quality measures. Maintains records of sterilization, changes solutions as required, changes filters as required and does QCs as required.
- Current in-state RN License
- One year experience
- Authorization to work in the United States
Apply today to learn more about our team of compassionate nurses!
Keywords: CPR Certification, Nurse, RN, Personal Care, Registered Nurse, Nursing Homes, Personal Care Homes, Home Healthcare, Health Care, Patient Care, ADLs, Pain Management, Managed Care, Medication, BLS, Basic Life Support, Nursing, Pediatrics, Case management, Sample/Specimen Processing, Home Care, Family Medicine, Treatment Plan, HHC, Jail, Corrections, penitentiary, pediatric, clinic, home healthcare, Rehab, med/surg, ICU, Intensive Care Unit, ER, Emergency RoomCompany Description
American Medical Traveler is a national leader in healthcare staffing for nursing and allied healthcare professionals. Talented nursing, allied professionals, and medical facilities such as general and surgical, teaching, and specialized hospitals, outpatient clinics, surgical centers, imaging centers and skilled nursing facilities turn to AMT to find the perfect match.
We understand the commitment of those who devote themselves to healthcare. We embrace this commitment in all facets of our business as a leader in the healthcare staffing industry. AMT adheres to the highest performance standards, signifying our commitment to our nursing, allied professionals, our clients, and the patients that we collectively serve.
Our mission is to be the staffing provider and employer of choice that healthcare professionals and medical facilities consider a vital partner in achieving their goals. We are dedicated to attracting, engaging, and retaining talent through a culture that nurtures success, develops careers, encourages communication and honors all commitments. We are dedicated to servicing our clients through a workforce that displays the highest level of ethics, provides exceptional customer service, and honors all commitments.