RN/Registered Nurse-Full Time- Brooks at Halifax Hospital
Registered Nurse in accord with Brooks policies, procedures, and standards, is responsible for the nursing care planning and management of residents.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to therapeutic standards; measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, state nurse practice act, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations; calling for assistance from health care support personnel.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Registered Nurse license in the state of Florida
- 1 year of skilled nursing or acute care experience
- Current CPR/BLS Certification (Card must be obtained through a hands on class through AHA)
- Competitive Compensation
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Continued Education Opportunities
- Success Sharing Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
Hours: Full Time Day and Evening Shifts Available
Location: Brooks Center for Inpatient Rehab (CIR) at Halifax Hospital
Center for Inpatient Rehabilitation
Halifax Health is Daytona's only Level II Trauma Center and also holds a Comprehensive Stroke Center designation. The partnership between Brooks and Halifax allows patients with acute rehabilitation needs to remain close to home during their recovery.
The 40 bed Center, located within Halifax Hospital, specializes in treating stroke, spinal cord injury, brain injury and other complex orthopedic conditions. A full spectrum of physical and neuro rehabilitation services are provided.
Team members use patient rooms, hallways, and a dedicated gym space to teach functional improvement and compensatory skills to patients. There are also two ADL (activities of daily living) suites specially designed to help patients with their transition back home.
Brooks Rehabilitation has been a leading provider of rehabilitation services in the Southeast for over 40 years and is the mostly highly accredited rehabilitation provider in Florida. Our highly trained clinicians offer exceptional physical, occupational, and speech therapy to the Daytona Beach community.