REGISTERED NURSE - PER DIEM
Mobile Health (MH) is a leading provider of occupational health services with six offices located in New York City and Long Island. Mobile Health provides over 100,000 physicals and drug screens each year at our fast-paced and high volume facilities. The Per Deim Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting the Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in conducting patient assessments as needed.
In accordance with policies and procedures
- Properly obtain and document medical histories
- Obtain consent, check patient history and administer immunizations
- Implant and interpret PPD/Mantoux (TST)
- Performs all relevant diagnostic tests as required
- Performs venipuncture as required
- Obtain vaccine inventory, properly record and monitor vaccine shipments.
- Complete Mobile Health accepted medical forms, DOT, and MEC.
- Make sure all forms and information sheets are up to date and new policies are replaced with old
- Conduct weekly equipment check in exam rooms and report any equipment malfunctions to Site Manager
- Code Medical exams as needed
- Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a physician or emergency care
- Interact with patients and their families in a compassionate manner
- Interact with clinicians, other health professionals and staff in a courteous and professional manner
- Maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Health Information as dictated by HIPAA laws
- Effectively communicate and interact with patients and or agencies
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities
- Maintain a positive and professional work environment
- Any other duties as directed by Management
- Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program
- Current License registered by the New York State Department of Education
- Bachelor Degree preferred.
- Current BLS or ACLS certification, either by American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Current Infection Control Certificate
- Minimum of 1 year of previous related work experience in occupational health and/or primary healthcare services
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate well with staff, patients, clients, and supervisors
- Customer Service focused
- Experience with the use of electronic medical record system
- Proactive and highly motivated. Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual Fluency preferred
This job operates in a professional fast-paced clinical environment with a strong entrepreneurial spirit. This work requires working with diverse populations in one or more of our clinics located in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Hempstead, or Staten Island, or in our new clinic in Rochester, NY.
Position Type / Expected Hours
This is a per diem position working as needed. Clinic hours and staff are schedule to meet the demands of our customers.
This role does not require travel except on rare occasions for special projects or training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.