Teaching and Research Nurses (Registered Nurse)
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Registered Nurses are critical members of the patient care team. We are looking for well qualified, experienced nurses to join us in providing outstanding, high quality care to all the members of our community.
Nursing opportunities exist for the following specialty areas:
- Critical Care
- Labor and Delivery
- Emergency Department
- Operating Room
Benefits for T&R Nurse I, II, III
- Health Insurance/Prescriptions
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Care
- Retirement System (NYS Employees Retirement System)
- Flex Spending Account
- Tuition Assistance
- SUNY Voluntary Deferred Savings Plan - 403(b)
- New York State Deferred Compensation Plan – 457(b)
- Disability Coverage and Life Insurance
- Holidays – Up to 12 holidays per year
- Vacation - Generally full-time employees earn at the rate of one-half day per pay period, after the completion of 13 pay periods of employment. (13-20 days/year for first 7 years then 20 days/year w/ additional bonus days thereafter). Part-time employees who work a regular schedule of at least half time, earn accruals on a pro-rated basis.
- Sick - Full-time employees earn at the rate of one half day per pay period (Total of 13 days/year) with maximum of 200 days. Part-time employees who work at least half time earn on a pro-rated basis.
- Personal Leave – 5 days each year on personal leave anniversary date.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING(631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AThttp://www.stonybrook.edu/police