Staff RN TCU and IRU-Earm up to $5000 Sign On Bonus!!!!
Mercy Medical Center - Cedar Rapids
In Patient Rehab
12 hour shifts with occasional weekends
This position supports Mercy's philosophy of patient centered care by being a competent, respectful, and compassionate professional who is able to safely, appropriately, accurately, efficiently and independently follow Mercy's standards along with policies and procedures while caring for patients. The Registered Staff Nurse works with the unit specific team members to identify clinical problems, develop a plan, and educate patients and families.
Job/Position Specific Duties
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
- Ensure that accurate and clinically relevant information is communicated with patients, their families, and co-workers at hand offs and other times as needed. Take all measures necessary to ensure that the appropriate and involved parties have communicated necessary information in order to allow for the best possible patient outcome
- Demonstrates competent assessment, planning, intervention, coordination and evaluation skills based on the individual patient plan of care.
- Continually assesses patient and family needs in order to provide quality care based on a patient centered care model.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and judgment necessary to implement a patient plan of care, nursing interventions and procedures.
- Maintains accurate and real time documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, according to hospital policy and procedure related to documentation parameters.
- Functions as a role model for current and new staff by creating a healthy work environment to facilitate the department's or unit's ability to meet identified goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitor and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible and courteous environment.
- Directs other licensed and non-licensed personnel in the provision of care to patients as assigned.
- Demonstrate effective and age appropriate communication as well as the ability to understand the needs of the patient including non-verbal communication, fears, anxieties and language/cultural barriers
- Responds within scope of practice to emergencies and life threatening conditions
- Adheres to and promotes patient safety practices throughout the patient experience.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with all members of the healthcare team.
- Provides ongoing education to patients and families.
- Delegates to other staff registered nurse, licensed practical nurses, certified nursing assistants, patient care technicians, unit secretaries, and other staff positions specific to the department.
Position Specific Job Duties/Essential Functions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Sound background in basic nursing principles and procedures.
Demonstrates competency in unit specific skills.
Demonstrates ability to provide safe and effective basic nursing care.
Role Models exemplary customer service skills including verbal and non-verbal skills and proper phone etiquette.
Creates a welcoming environment for all healthcare team members.
Committed to ongoing self-development and learning.
Professional Experience- Required vs. Preferred
Experience in acute care setting preferred.
Education-Required vs. Preferred
Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing preferred.
Licensure, Certification, Registration - Required vs. Preferred
Currently licensed to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Iowa required.
Current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support, in accordance with the American Heart Association required.
Within one year of employment or transfer, the department requires completion of FIMS certification.
Physical Activity Requirements
Constant = 67-100% of workday
Frequent = 34-66% of workday
Occasional = 33% or less of workday
Physical Demand Requirements
Medium: Exert 20-50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or 10-15 lbs. of force frequently