Director of Nursing
We are currently seeking an experienced Director of Nursing to join our team at our location in the Newark, NJ area.
Assist in the development and maintenance of written objectives, policies and procedure manual, an organizational plan, infection control program and a quality assurance program for nursing service, and at least an annual review of all nursing policies and procedures. In conjunction with the administrator, Medical Director and the governing body of the facility, coordinate planning and budgeting of all medical services for clients. Assist in the development of written job descriptions for the nursing staff, and assigning duties of the nursing staff. Represent nursing staff at committee meetings as required.
- Screen and assess each client for co-existing medical problems to assess risk factors affecting appropriate placement for treatment at all facilities.
- Coordinate continuum of care if deemed necessary to include off-site medical consultations for all clients. Coordinate and integrate nursing services with other patient care services to assure a continuum of care for each client.
- Participate in quarterly committee meetings to include infection control, quality assurance, and patient care.
- Monitor weekly medication records of clients to include proper documentation of daily self- administration of medication, accountability of stock inventory of medication and proper documentation of doctors orders, and usage of PRN medications.
- Provide current transcription of doctors orders for monthly MARS..
- Provide full nursing coverage on days assigned.
- Provide on-call nursing care for both facilities when needed.
- Arrange nursing coverage when calling out for assigned schedule and vacation time to ensure that the facility complies with required nursing staffing patterns.
- Ensure accountability for usage and inventory of al stock medication to include syringes and controlled substances. Monitor tracking system to include proper documentation and storage of all stock medications.
- Dispense medications during shift to clients to include proper documentation of administration.
- Oversee and maintain the on-site lab of the facility including all labs for admission and other labs ordered by the physician including tuberculosis testing.
- Participate in all multi-disciplinary meetings to ensure coordination of nursing services for all patients to assure a continuum of care for each patient.
- Registered professional nurse in the state of New Jersey with at least one year in nursing supervision or nursing administration;
- 2+ year full-time experience with the management of addictions in a licensed substance use disorders treatment facility
Pinnacle Treatment Centers is a leading comprehensive provider of substance abuse treatment services to individuals that are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol. Founded in 2006, the Company has grown into an organization that operates over 30 substance abuse treatment facilities both inpatient and residential, in eight states (Kentucky, Michigan, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, Michigan, Minnesota and Ohio). Pinnacle works under the names Pinnacle Treatment Centers, Recovery Works and Endeavor House and are known well in the communities in which it operates.
Pinnacle operates on a multistate basis and work seamlessly with personal lifestyles and schedules. Pinnacles goal is to provide service convenient to all people to make the journey more manageable. The majority of our locations accept insurance and many accept Medicaid.
Pinnacle treats over 10,000 people daily and provides a full continuum of care, including detoxification, residential, outpatient,medication assisted treatment and transitional living programs. Treatment includes treating the individuals physical, spiritual, emotional, and psychological selves. Pinnacle is CARF accredited and all locations include physicians, nurses, clinicians, administrative, and support staff.
Linden Capital Partners (Linden), a Chicago-based healthcare private equity firm, acquired Pinnacle Treatment Centers in August of 2016. Pinnacles growth plans for 2017 and beyond. We anticipate 3-4x growth over the next 5 years.
We have a systematic growth plan and we are looking for talented individuals to join our leadership team. With our growth plans we will offer the right individuals the opportunity to grow with us. We are building a team of talented professionals and with our size today and in the near future will have the ability to provide mobility opportunities to those that join us.