MDS Assessor - Must be a Registered Nurse (RN)
Oasis Rehabilitation and Nursing is seeking an experienced MDS Assessor to help in our MDS Department.
TheMDS Assessorevaluates assessments of patients/residents to ensure compliance with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Department of Health requirements, assessing residents for Medicare and managed care benefits.
TheMDS Assessoralso assists the coordinator in continuous maintenance of Minimum Data Set (MDS) computer records as well as the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation of care.
- Coordinates and ensures completion of Interdepartmental MDS for new, readmitted, quarterly and annual reviews, and significant change of status residents according to required Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act & Prospective Payment System schedules.
- Completes and/or assures completion of documentation for Medicare reimbursement.
- Reviews documentation of all disciplines and care plans to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Reports deficient assessments promptly to effect immediate improvement.
- Completes Residents Assessment Protocol (RAPS) plans to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Ensures the nursing process of assessment, diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care.
- Prepares and conducts staff training and on-going education for MDS Documentation.
- Sub Acute Nursing and Rehabilitation experience required.
- NYS Licensed RN with a minimum of 5 years experience, must be an organized and dedicated professional who is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills a must, with the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Solid computer skills required, must have working knowledge of Sigmacare.
- Must have knowledge of MDS and PPS process and able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work hours scheduled based on requirements of the position assignments.
Oasis is a 100-bed Skilled Nursing Facility with state of the art equipment and an amazing team of healthcare professionals. Oasis is truly a great place to work. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an EOE. (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)Company Description
Oasis Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 100-bed Skilled Nursing Facility. Our goal is to provide amazing CARE for our patients and residents. In order to achieve that goal we look to hire the best candidates to join our staff.