Registered Nurse (RN) - All Shifts
Registered Nurse (RN) All Shifts
Provide comprehensive nursing care to the residents at the Webster House community located near downtown Palo Alto. We provide skilled nursing, post acute care and rehabilitation services, short and long term care, and respite and hospice care to our residents. The RN delegates appropriate responsibilities to nursing personnel based on the needs of residents, experience of staff and layout of facility. Coordinates all aspects of the admission process, and welcomes residents upon admission. Makes daily rounds, documenting problems identified and instituting appropriate corrective action(s). Supervises certified nursing assistants (CNA) assigned to the nursing unit and assists in the training of nursing staff.
Must pass fingerprint and background check (Live Scan)
*5 blocks from the CalTrain - Palo Alto Station (8 min transit or 12 min walking)
- Maintain all documentation as required by Federal and State Regulations, and company policy.
- Coach, evaluate and provide appropriate disciplinary counseling to nursing personnel.
- Coordinate resident care management on assigned tour of duty.
- Ensure provision of quality nursing care within Federal, State and company regulations and requirements based on acuity of residents.
- Monitor nursing personnels compliance to Nursing Policies and Procedures, including, but not limited to, safety, infection control, and clinical techniques.
- Communicate with physicians and family as indicated by resident status and needs and assure follow through.
- Conduct report with assigned nursing personnel and oncoming shift to provide input and feedback on progress of assigned responsibilities and resident status
- Attend required in-services and facility/department meetings.
- Participate in Care Plan meetings as needed to identify resident needs.
- Registered Nurse in the state of California.
- BS or AA degree
- Experience with Central Line for IV patients
- Previous experience with OBRA, Medicare and Title 22 regulations for long term care
- 2+ years experience in a long term care setting
Join the team that has been awarded "Best Places to Work in the Bay Area" for the seventh year in a row!
Webster House is a very special Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) located in the heart of Palo Alto, It is a sophisticated, yet cozy community of like-minded people. An intimate enclave of only thirty-six apartment homes neatly tucked into the center of downtown Palo Alto with nearby shops, dining, art, and the esteemed Stanford campus and is only a 12 minute walk from the Palo Alto CalTrain Station.
Owned and operated by Episcopal Senior Communities (ESC), this retirement community is known as a Life Plan or Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs). Currently ESC has six communities, located in Pacific Grove, Oakland, Los Gatos, Santa Rosa, Palo Alto and San Francisco. Each of these communities holds a Certificate of Authority (COA) granted by the California Department of Social Services allowing it to enter into contractual agreements that promise care for the remainder of the resident"s lives. These communities provide a full continuum of independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing.