Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse (RN) - Exciting Alaska!
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Nurse Managers Registered Nurse (RN)
Are you looking for a totally unique experience? Do you want tomake a real difference in a true community?
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation is currently seeking Nurse Managers (RN) in Bethel, AK. If you are a Nurse Manager (RN) who is committed to excellent patient care, please consider Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation.
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
- Minimum Education:Must have completed a program in nursing from an NLN approved institution. BSN, Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Masters degree in a health care related field preferred
- Minimum Experience:Minimum of two (2) years of progressive nursing management experience with three years of clinical nursing experience preferred
- License, Certification, Registration:Licensed in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, or successful to completion within 3 months of hire
- Sign on bonus starting at $5,000
- Retention bonus starting at 6%
- Relocation allotment starting at $10,000
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten Paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plans
- Employee wellness Center
- Federal tort claims coverage
- Housing provided for first 30 days of employment
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status
Working Together to Achieve Excellent HealthCompany Description
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation is a fully accredited, 50-bed general acute care facility. In an area that covers approximately 75,000 square miles and is home to over 28,000 patients, you can help continue this legacy, preserving tradition with sensitivity to our heritage while enriching your own career and your life experiences. YKHC is a complete health system that also operates Village Health Clinics throughout 56 distinct communities. Across our network of providers, we offer primary care, inpatient services at the Bethel hospital, pediatric care, emergency services, behavioral health counseling and treatment, dental and optometry clinics, home care, the only level IV ER in the area, and many outreach/education programs and services to promote healthy living.
About Bethel, AK
With a population of over 6,000 people, the City of Bethel is the main port of the Kuskokwim River in the Yukon Kuskokwim Delta. Bethel serves as the regional hub for 56 surrounding Native villages. Bethel is the largest community in western Alaska, as well as the 9th largest in the state. We offer a tight-knit, culturally focused community with exciting annual events such as the Kuskokwim 300 (a notable, mid-distance dog sled race), and Camai, a traditional dance festival held each spring. There are countless outdoor activities to enjoy from skiing, bicycling, and kayaking, to caribou hunting and salmon fishing. With a low cost of living, and family-oriented environment, we offer a breath of fresh air from big city life. Come discover Alaska!