RN Care Manager
"Start spreading the news...
I'm leaving today...
I want to be a part of it, New York, New York..."
A well-known hospital in upstate New York is currently in need of an RN Care Manager for day shift.
5/8s. 40h/wk. 13wks.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Nursing
- Current New York State RN license
- Clear criminal history
- NYSPRI Certification is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge and use of an EMR is required; Epic knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of utilization review in a care management system is require (Allscripts preferred)
- Discharge planning experience required
- Strong communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills as well as computer keyboard proficiency
- A minimum of at least one year hospital experience in Case Management, Utilization Review and/or Discharge Planning
The successful candidate is expected to facilitate efficient Care coordination and plan for patients discharge needs, evaluate patient medical necessity according to clinical criteria and communicate with payers. An orientation program relative to the roles, responsibilities and functions of a Care Manager will be provided. Positions are full-time, with rotation to weekends.
Travel Nurses are encourage to apply.
Local/travel rates available upon request.Company Description
Mediscan was founded in 1995 in Woodland Hills, Ca. We specialize in providing employment to healthcare professionals in hospitals and schools. We currently service over 400 hospitals, and over 150 schools in 30 states. We have employed over 2,000 healthcare professionals in 2015. Mediscan has been ranked as the Number 1 staffing agency for the last seven years in a row by the SF Business Journal. Mediscan offers quality service and is Joint Commission Certified.