RN Case Manager
7 days left
- Contract Type
13 weeks, Part time 8 hours a day; 3-5 days/wk in San Bernardino County.
The nationally recognized, not-for-profit hospital of medical excellence by continuing to plan and innovate for the future. Progressing from a small facility in 1903 to the comprehensive, 437-bed hospital it is today. It is fully accredited, acute care hospital serving eastern Los Angeles and San Bernardino counties.
The position is available with an immediate start!
The Utilization Review Case Manager evaluates the clinical status of patients using evidence based criteria to determine medical necessity for hospitalization, clinical progression and continued acute care needs. Utilizes information about clinical condition, prior level of functioning and anticipated treatment plan to support a safe, smooth transition to other levels of care. May perform other duties as assigned.
- CA RN license
- Current BLS (Healthcare Provider American Heart Association)
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing with Associates degree
- Three years acute hospital experience
- One year experience in Utilization Review or Case Management; discharge planning and/or case management
- Knowledge of common disease processes and health care delivery systems
- Able to manage competing priorities and effectively prioritizes work; demonstrates effective communication, time management and problem solving skills, is adaptable, flexible and takes initiative
- Basic computer and typing skills
- Willingness to learn all pertinent data entry and hospital-wide electronic medical record systems
- Current knowledge/use of Milliman Care Guidelines
Kindly reply with your current resume if this position interests you.Company Description
Mediscan was founded in 1995 in Woodland Hills, Ca. We specialize in providing employment to healthcare professionals in hospitals and schools. We currently service over 400 hospitals, and over 150 schools in 30 states. We have employed over 2,000 healthcare professionals in 2015. Mediscan has been ranked as the Number 1 staffing agency for the last seven years in a row by the SF Business Journal. Mediscan offers quality service and is Joint Commission Certified.