RN Supervisor per diem 3-11 shift supervisor - every other weekend
Per Diem RN Supervisor for 3PM to 11PM Shift, Every other weekend and one day during the week
- 3 to 11 Shift
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current Registered Nurse licensure by the New Jersey State Board of Nursing.
- A minimum of three years full-time or equivalent clinical experience is required and a minimum of two years of clinical experience in long-term care nursing with one year in a management/administrative or supervisory capacity is preferred.
- A career history free of abuse, neglect, and professional license violations
- Personal Skills Requirements
- Leadership skills
- A sense of humor and a calm demeanor
- Patience, active listening skills, and outstanding verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Respect and the desire to foster positive interactions for all people the MDS Coordinator comes in contact with
- Must possess the ability to work independently, problem solve and make decisions as necessary.
- Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nursing theory, techniques and practices.
The RN Clinical Advocate (RN Supervisor ) takes responsibility to ensure the following:
Coordination of Care
- Uses assessment skills and appropriate risk assessment tools to identify Elder/Guests with actual or potential health care needs that would require care coordination.
- Coordinates care across the continuum to assure appropriate utilization of clinical and community resources.
- Provides care based on Elder/Guest values, choices and preferences with consideration for the complexity of his/her medical condition.
- Supports an Elder/Guest's growth by exploring his/her understanding and knowledge of current health status and use these perspectives to support the Elder/guest on informed decision-making.
- Accountable for individualized growth plan (plan of care) and its delivery.
- Applies specialized expertise to solve problems, generate ideas, plan care, teach and create new services.
- Guides development of multiple health care partnerships to achieve a positive health effect.
- Uses knowledge of complex physiology to monitor, detect and anticipate early and subtle health status changes.
- Monitors trends in various neighborhoods (units) that will influence delivery of care
Delegation and Supervision of Nursing Care Partners
- Delegates care based on situation while assuming accountability for outcome of care.
- Fosters teamwork and respect.
- Assures effective use of resources.
- Serves as a resource and holds care partners accountable to complete delegated tasks.
- Possess good communication and conflict resolution skills
- Professional Expectations
- Ascribes to the ANA Code of Ethics for professional nursing practice.
- Commits to continuous learning.
- Participates in education of nursing colleagues and students, if needed.
- Commits to evidence-based practice and the conduct of nursing research.
- Creates an environment that assures safety and security for care partners who live and work in the home.
- Instills confidence in the Elder/Guest's own ability to regain/optimize their own health.
- Partners with Elder/Guest to help them integrate health status changes into their life in the home and after moving out.
Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement
- Uses the QAPI Framework to identify actual or potential variances in standards of care and system problems that could lead to errors, delays in care, complications or increased cost.
- Education and Resource:
- Provides education to the interdisciplinary team as appropriate;
- Identifies opportunities for growth and provide education as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of all requests from appropriate State and/or federal regulatory agencies or other requesting parties.
- Implements all required forms, procedures and processes relative to job responsibilities;
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Windsor Healthcare Communities, a family owned and operated organization, is a respected leader in the industry, providing clinically sophisticated post-hospital medical care and rehabilitation, as well as comprehensive skilled nursing care throughout New Jersey. Windsor is also a recognized leader in promoting an Eden Alternative practice which is person-directed care that cherishes, honors and loves our Elders. A progressive approach to aging, the Eden Alternative stresses choice and fosters a person-directed approach to care, tailoring daily life and activities to individual needs and preferences under the guidance of interdisciplinary teams. We are committed to medical excellence and well-being for all that we serve.