The Registered Nurse Case Manager position is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Case Manager is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of services across the continuum of care to ensure quality patient outcomes and appropriate utilization of health care services.
- The Case Manager is responsible for supporting the healthcare team towards a smooth transition from one level of care to another in support of the patient/family.
- Demonstrates support of the hospital mission, vision and values statement.
- Adheres to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance and policies and procedures.
- Provides hospital case management/utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care and is discharged to the appropriate level of care.
- Coordinate the integration of the social service function into patient care.
- Coordinate the hospital activities concerned with case management and discharge planning.
- Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance.
Two years recent clinical experience or three years recent hospital case management experience.
Must be a graduate of an NLN or CCNE accredited nursing program.
Registered Nurse (R.N.) with a valid Indiana license required.
Certification in Case Management (CCM or ACMA) preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team building skills with the ability to function independently and interdependently as a member of a network team
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible in work schedules and coverage at any site
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong abilities in decision-making
- Exhibits openness to change and willingness to try new approaches to problem solving
- Can establish rapport with a wide variety of people
- Strong computer skills
Ranked among the nation's most integrated healthcare systems, Community Health Network is Central Indiana's leader in providing convenient access to exceptional healthcare services, where and when patients need them – in hospitals, health pavilions and doctor's offices, as well as workplaces, schools and homes. Exceptional care, simply delivered.
Community is a non-profit health system that is deeply committed to the communities we serve with more than 200 sites of care and affiliates throughout Central Indiana. Guided by our PRIIDE Values – Patients First, Relationships, Integrity, Innovation, Dedication and Excellence – our team of caregivers is committed to providing an exceptional experience with every life we touch.