To provide optimal patient care according to current nursing standards. The Float RN is accountable to the Acute Care Manager.
The Float RN is accountable and responsible for the provision and coordination of clinically competent care of assigned group of patients that includes assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation. As a member of the clinical care and unit team, the RN participates in decision-making, teaching, leadership functions, research and quality improvement activities that enhance patient care outcomes and unit operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Float RN will float as assigned to two or more departments and is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, the therapeutic environment, treatment, and modalities and interdisciplinary collaboration within the scope set forth for Registered Nurses. The Float RN provides high risk nursing care or performs high-risk procedures. Where nursing care is provided, the nursing process of assessing, diagnosing, outcome identification, planning, implementing and evaluating is the basis for care delivered. The Float RN supports professional nursing care across practice setting and continuum of care to meet the needs of the patient and family. This individual must possess a high degree of personal flexibility and well-developed communication skills to accommodate mid-day assignment changes.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
For Department: Continual implementation of excellent care that assures rapid and optimal recovery.
1. Works directly with other departments and medical staff to assure provision of highest standard for total patient care.
2. Patient and family teaching to enhance patients understanding of his needs and potentially accelerate recovery.
3. Liaison activities (e.g., rounds with medical staff) to promote a better understanding between patients, nursing staff and medial staff thus assuring continued quality of communication and care.
4. Meeting individual need through administration and maintenance of comfort, treatment, medication, intravenous infusion and health care.
5. Accurate documentation, reporting and in-depth nursing observation to assure continuity of total patient care.
6. Thorough evaluation of the patient during admission, hospital stay and through discharge.
7. Working knowledge of hospital-wide EMR and associated software programs, e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
1. Knowledge of and cooperation with personnel policies regarding the staff nurse position.
2. Provide moral support to nursing staff, co-workers and medical staff.
3. Possesses the following qualities: flexibility with scheduling systems; positive attitudes; easy adjustment to work load increase and demands; maintenance of good physical health.
For Staff Development:
1. Actively participates in hospital programs.
2. Each licensed nursing personnel shall have 30 contact hours of continuing education as required by licensure of the State of Nevada. This will be documented and should include workshops outside the facility.
For Fiscal Responsibility:
1. Work within staffing pattern guidelines set by the Acute Care Manager, House Supervisor, and the Chief Nursing Officer.
2. Accountable for classifying each patient according to acuity.
For Quality Assurance:
1. Report to supervisor deviations in quality of care as outlined by current nursing standards.
2. Cooperate with quality assurance programs and actively participate in ongoing concurrent Quality Assurance Monitoring.
3. Ability to pass high Efficiency Respirator Fit and Use Program as required by OSHA Vol. 58 No. 195
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
1. Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing.
2. Current Licensure by the Nevada State Board of Nursing.
3. Current ACLS Certification.
4. Current BLS Certification.
5. Capable both physically and mentally for:
a. Close work with patients, their families, nursing staff and medical staff.
b. Demands of walking and standing most of duty time as well as lifting of patients while caring for their needs.
6. Performs other reasonable related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.Company Description
Boulder City Hospital is an 82-bed facility including a 25-bed acute care/swing bed, a 47-bed long term care facility, and a 10-bed Geriatric Behavioral Medicine Center, which offers a small, intimate environment, allowing for personalized care you trust and rely on.
We offer a wide variety of health care services in clean, caring and professional atmosphere, located just 10 minutes away from Henderson. We consistently rank top ten in Quality Core Measures.