Senior Director of Nursing
The Senior Director, Clinical Services is a qualified and licensed clinician that provides clinical support to the business division, leadership to an assigned team of clinicians, and functions as a business partner to peers throughout the local staffing, nurse & allied and locum tenens sales organizations. The SCD oversees the work of several CDs and CMs within a geographical territory and guides the implementation and maintenance work, along with clinical and quality results at all MSPs within the territory. The SCD provides support to the business on any needed clinical matters and participates in development of new business as needed. The SCD is ultimately responsible for continuously assessing the quality of candidates and delivering excellent service while managing risk and expenses, impacting profitability per client.
- Manage multiple Clinical Directors and Managers and therefore ultimately responsible for clinical processes and performance of Master Service Provider clients in territory.
- May also provide primary clinical support to branch locations within a limited territory.
- Performs the job functions of Clinical Director and Clinical Manager for assigned territory if applicable.
- Allocate appropriate people and resources across regions within assigned territory by assessing bandwidth, complexity, and other factors in order to ensure consistent service delivery to all clients and internal stakeholders.
- Anticipate and plan for potential needs by establish coverage procedures, cross-training team members, creating scalable processes, and staying aware of sales and client initiatives in order to ensure consistent service delivery to all clients and internal stakeholders.
MSP Implementation & Management
- Allocate appropriate people and system resources across multiple MSP implementations and accounts by measuring volume, activity and outcomes in order to maintain service delivery with least expense (i.e. economies of scales).
- Present influential data and proposals to client account clinical leaders that highlight partnership opportunities in order to determine action plans that optimize clinical performance (e.g. onboarding, fit, and learning of clinical responsibilities) and address cancellations.
- Propose clinical process improvements to MSP implementation team and client representatives based on broad and deep knowledge of internal and industry best practices, using coordinated, logical and professional approach, in order to influence timely and informed process design.
- Oversee large scale clinical and quality components of MSP implementation and improvement initiatives by reviewing plans that detail how people, budget and technological resources are leveraged most effectively in order to deliver projects on-time and on-budget.
- Prepare and deliver client presentations to support Quarterly Business Review process that emphasize historical trends in quality and clinical factors as well as make business cases for specific improvements in client processes in order to increase service delivery with least expense.
Healthcare Provider Oversight Local Branch Offices; Allied & Nurse
Travel Divisions (from a Leadership Perspective)
- Establish procedures to ensure consistent Healthcare Provider oversight by reinforcing best practices in terms of coaching, counseling, investigating, collecting data, troubleshooting and managing conflict.
- Support Clinical Directors & Managers in the 1:1 coaching and counseling process with healthcare professionals on assignment in order to ensure effective inform on policies, problem mediation iate problems, reengage to assignment or reassign if applicable. Limited to licensed HPs only, or clinical issues for unlicensed staff.
- Investigate assignment issues by gathering all relevant information/data with HPs, clients and internal departments, and evaluating situation using conflict management & problem-solving tactics in order to determine best win-win outcome to improve performance or make termination decisions if applicable.
- Deliver in-person and remote training to branch offices via 1:1 and small group in order to elevate awareness and implementation of clinical and quality policies and procedures, tailoring content and delivery method to specific situation to ensure highest retention.
Education, Certifications & Experience
- RN education
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
- Master's degree in nursing
- 8 years experience as an RN, preferably in acute care setting
- 2 years of management experience at a director level required.