Registered Nurse (RN) Job
Top Reasons Why You Want to Work for Christian Care Communities as a RN-Registered Nurse:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days and 8 Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Comprehensive Wellness Program with Incentives
- Paid Group Term Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance Short-Term Disability Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) and 403(b)
- Education Assistance after only 6 months
- Listed as Workplace Leaders from the Wellness Council of Louisville
- Recognized from Business First as one of the Healthiest Employers
RN-Registered Nurse Responsibilities:
- Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or Organization policy.
- Explains procedures and treatments to resident and family, to gain cooperation, understanding, and to allay apprehension.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of resident.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and to assess condition of resident.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessments of assigned residents.
- Observes resident; records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or physician of patients condition, reaction to drugs, treatments or if there is a significant incident.
- Notifies residents physician and appropriate responsible party/POA when there is a change in the residents condition or upon the death of a resident.
- Prepares equipment and accompanies and aids physicians during rounds; assists with examinations, and consults with physician as necessary in planning resident care, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Performs emergency treatment when necessary based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Notifies the physician of the emergency and carries out physician orders.
***Other duties may be assigned or be modified by employer as need arises.
RN-Registered Nurse Work Hrs./ Shifts:
- Full Time / 12 hrs or 8 hrs - 3p-11p or 7p-7a
What will you need as a RN-Registered Nurse?
- Required Education: Associates degree in Nursing from an accredited college
- Preferred Education: Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university
- Required Experience: 1 year experience as an RN in a hospital or long-term care setting
- Preferred Experience: 6 months experience in a rehabilitative & restorative nursing practice
- Required License and/or Certification: Licensed as RN, Commonwealth of Kentucky
Christian Care Communities, Inc. is strongly committed to the principle of diversity and providing an equal employment opportunity in all terms and conditions of employment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, age (40 and over), genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.