ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER/NURSING SUPERVISOR, PMShift NP Supervisor
ADVANCED NURSE PRACTITIONER/NURSING SUPERVISOR
Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Nursing Supervisor is an integrated role of the nurse responsible for assuming clinical leadership, administrative support and the coordination of patient care services in the absence of Administration and Department Directors. Providing support to all aspects of the hospital through a supervisory role, the Advanced Nurse Practitioner/Nursing Supervisor primarily supports staff nurses, as well as providing direct care to patients for emergency, observation and inpatient care services. The nurse practitioner utilizes the scientific process and national standards of care as a framework for managing patient care. A collaborating physician or his designee will be available for consult either on site or by electronic means.
Nursing Supervisor Role:
- Assumes a leadership role in developing, maintaining and evaluating patient and staff systems and processes to support the practice of nursing and delivery of care.
- Promotes team work in collaboration with staff.
- Develops, maintains and evaluates an environment that supports the staff in the analysis of assessment data and decisions to determine relevant problems and diagnoses.
- Fosters a culture of clinical nursing excellence through role modeling, supportive nurse teaching and education, and practice of nursing standards of care.
- Guides nurses in refinement of critical thinking and head-to-toe physical assessment skills.
- Engages in quality improvement initiatives through data collection, outcomes measurement, promotion of national patient safety goals, and compliance with corporate-defined quality indicators and performance standards.
Advanced Nurse Practitioner Role:
- Upon admission, gathers essential information by interviewing patients and family members to obtain a comprehensive medical history.
- Collaborates with other providers of the medical team on patient status and findings for admission to the inpatient services. The NP must have an understanding of and ability to determine the level of care for the patient. Completes the physical assessment on the newly admitted patient.
- Performs ongoing assessments on inpatients as needed.
- Assess urgent and emergency health conditions using both physiologically and technological derived data.
- Will assess, diagnosis, order and interpret diagnostics/lab, prescribe medications and therapeutic interventions, evaluate treatment plans and coordinate discharge as needed.
- Manages patients' pain relief and sedation by providing pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic interventions, monitoring patients' responses and changing care plans accordingly.
- Interpret information obtained from electrocardiograms or radiographs.
- Performs emergency medical procedures such as advanced cardiac and other condition stabilizing interventions.
- Documents routine and acute visits, patient status and outcomes in the medical record in a timely manner and per regulatory requirements.
- Provides patient and family education about medical issues, use of prescribed medical treatments and or medication, and preventive care.
- Collaborates with the health care team. Will coordinate and set up patient care meetings as requested.
- Makes appropriate referrals for consultations, therapies or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Evaluates information systems and processes that promote desired, patient defined professional and departmental outcomes.
- Develops professional growth through on-going competency and clinical skills enhancement, maintenance of professional memberships and required continuing education units for certifications and licensure, current journal and literature review, and attendance at professional conferences so far as is reasonable and practical.
K.A. Recruiting, Inc. is a premier healthcare recruiting firm based in downtown Boston. We work with hundreds of hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We specialize in the recruitment and placement of laboratory professionals, imaging professionals, rehabilitation professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurse leaders, nurses, physicians, and healthcare IT professionals.
To check out all of our jobs, please visit jobs.ka-recruiting.com!! Sign up for a customized job search.