Float Registered Nurse, RN - Dialysis
PPG Health and SNG Dialysis are rapidly growing integrated healthcare organizations serving the Dallas- Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio and outlying areas. Through partnerships with primary care and specialty practices, PPG & SNG serve the community with exceptional quality care and access to a wide variety of medical specialties. Our company offers benefits, including 401K.
The Registered Nurse performs patient care and related duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Facility Administrator, including assisting and supervising Licensed Vocations Nurses and Dialysis Technicians.
- Prepare the dialyzer and delivery system for use as prescribed; monitor all equipment in use for the correct functioning; and perform appropriate terminal cleaning following each treatment.
- Assess assigned patients before and after each treatment.
- Initiate, monitor, and terminate dialysis treatment.
- Develop the plan of nursing care for each treatment and alter the dialysis management as needed based on standing and current physicians orders.
- Notify the Charge Nurse and physician regarding changes in the patients condition.
- Document all patient care provided and contribute to team patient care planning and follow-up to achieve goals.
- Deliver medications in a safe and effective manner according to established policies and procedures
- Assist with patient care plans and progress notes as assigned.
- Conform to the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Perform patient care or other duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse or Facility Administrator.
Skills / Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current licensure as an R.N. in the state of Texas.
- Satisfactory professional references.
- 1-year clinical experience and have 6 months in hemodialysis subsequent to completion of the facilitys training program
- 1-year medical/surgical experience or equivalent preferred