Registered Nurse (RN)
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to join our team!
This RN will function within the scope of New York State licensure and Wesley policy provisions and will report to a Nurse Manager or Nursing Supervisor. All applicants who are hired as an RN will be eligible for a chance to WIN a 50 Color TV. For more details, reference this job posting at the interview.
- Responsible for the nursing care of a group of residents utilizing the nursing process and implementing the medical plan of care including administering medications and treatments
- Understand and apply all four elements (assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation) of the nursing process in delivering resident care
- Assist with new admissions, physician orders and calling the attending physician to verify orders
- Monitor and report changes in resident symptoms or behavior
- Educate residents about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Responsible for picc line infusion, blood draws and care. Including dressing changes and removal
- Completes peripheral IV insertion, infusion, Mediport blood draws and care
- Licensed and currently registered as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with our residents
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Based on years of experience
- Wesley Gardens offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes 80% employer paid health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b), tuition assistance and referral bonus program
Wesley Gardens is a non-profit nursing home located in the heart of the Arts District. We are dedicated to providing Quality Care to our long-term, short-term rehabilitation, respite and hospice residents. Here at Wesley Gardens, we take pride in our diverse culture of employees and residents. We invite you to come see what we have to offer.