Director of Nursing, Pediatric Home Health
Director of Nursing, Pediatric Home Health - Immediate Leadership Opportunity with Continuum Pediatric Nursing. Continuum Pediatric Nursing Services one of the nations foremost providers of pediatric private duty skilled nursing services - is currently searching for a Director of Nursing with supervisory/management experience in a home health setting for our Pittsburgh, PA office. The selected candidate will be only the third Director of Nursing for this high profile location in the 25 year history of the company, highlighting not only the importance of this position, but also our commitment to developing and retaining exceptional clinical leaders. Founded over twenty five years ago on the belief that many institutionalized children could benefit greatly from highly skilled, shift-based in-home nursing, Continuum has been at the forefront of a nationwide movement that recognizes that for many young patients, the nurturing support of family and familiar surroundings is critical to their long-term emotional and physical well-being. We are Joint Commission accredited, privately held and nurse managed.
The Director of Nursing manages all office operations other than the payroll and billing functions of the branch. Working with a dedicated and experienced team of caring professionals, the selected professional will oversee clinical and administrative operations for Continuums first and largest office, with ultimate responsibility for the quality and appropriateness of all services delivered. The Director of Nursing reports the Corporate Director of Nursing and works closely with the Corporate Compliance Officer and Director of Finance. Some of the specific areas of daily responsibility include:
- Management of all clinical staff directly or through designated Assistant Directors of Nursing
- Management of administrative support staff, including staff/schedulers and recruiting
- Ensuring the efficient interviewing/competency assessment and on-boarding of clinical field staff
- Marketing and Business Development, establishing and developing relationships with case managers and other referral sources
- Fiscal management in conjunction with the Director of Finance and CFO
- Ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures & applicable laws and regulations
- Identifying areas for continued growth and new business
For consideration candidates must possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with a minimum of two years of supervisory or management experience in a healthcare setting
- Demonstrated Pediatric Nursing experience
- Excellent organizational management skills
- High emotional intelligence; strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven marketing and recruiting skills
- Working knowledge of the pediatric home health care industry preferred
Continuum offers our nurse leaders excellent pay and benefits, a mission-driven career working with like-minded professionals, and the opportunity to lead an office in one of the fastest growing segments of home and community based healthcare. Continuum is proud to have set the standard for pediatric home care in our offices in the Washington DC/Baltimore MD Metropolitan area, Charlotte NC, Pittsburgh PA, Chicago IL, Denver CO, Charleston SC and the Norfolk/VA Beach VA region. Please visit us at www.continuum-nursing.com and contact us today with interest!Company Description
Continuum Medical Staffing is a boutique national staffing firm with a big purpose. Our mission and passion is to cultivate talent in the healthcare field and connect exceptional talent with meaningful and rewarding employment opportunities. At Continuum Medical Staffing, we help our elite candidates achieve their career goals through personal attention and ongoing support by taking a consultative approach delivering innovative solutions that meet your individual needs. Our clients trust us to develop long-term relationships and continually send them highly qualified talent who exceed their expectations.
Continuum Medical Staffing employs and places healthcare professionals such as Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Therapists (PT, OT, SLP, and Assistants), Senior Leadership, Heath Information Managers, Medical Coders and more. Continuum has over 30 years of staffing experience and is recognized as an exceptional leader in the industry. Continuum provides travel / contract assignments, temp to hire placements, or direct hire permanent placements throughout our great nation!