HOSPICE RN WEEKEND ON CALL
HOSPICE RN ON-CALL WEEKEND
CHICAGO & WESTERN SUBURBS
FRIDAY 5PM THRU MONDAY 7AM
MUST HAVE HOSPICE EXPERIENCE!!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
2. Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services
3. Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
4. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physicians plan of care.
5. Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
6. Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
7. Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patients efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
8. Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patients condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
9. Communicates with the physician regarding the patients needs and reports changes in the patients condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required.
10. Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
11. Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
12. Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
13. Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
14. Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and inservice classes.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One to two years of recent experience in hospice.
2. Current licensure in State and CPR certification.
3. Associate of Science Nursing degree, with one (1) year of hospice care experience.
4. Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
5. Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping bending, kneeling and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
6. Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state/or organization requirements and is in good working order.