Director of Nursing home care RN
Director of Nursing Benefits:
- Competitive salary and paid time off, commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance
- Great flexible work environment
This position is responsible for the overall direction of home health care clinical services and has the overall responsibility for the quality of services provided and supervision of clinical staff. The Director of Nursing assures coordination of care for clients and provides overall clinical supervision of all clients.
- Works closely with the Administrator to ensure quality services and policies are followed.
- Is available at all times during regular business hours and as needed to provide support and assure quality care delivery to home care clients.
- Meets with Case Managers/clinical staff on a regular basis to provide guidance and information related to specific issues. Provides direction to teams to assure that client needs are met and services are provided according to the plan.
- Assists clinical staff in establishing priorities, setting goals, and evaluating progress toward goals.
- Supervises, educates and coaches other nursing personnel, as appropriate.
- Attends case conferences and other clinical meetings to facilitate coordination of care.
- Reviews monthly team members productivity information.
- On-Call availability and flexibility of work schedule when client needs dictate.
- Follows agency protocols to assure proper maintenance of client clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization activities.
- Develops working relationships with other health care professionals in the community and families to identify resources available and to ensure access of information to clients.
- Provides support and direction to Agency staff, other health care professionals, clients, and families related to appropriate and available health care resources.
- Educates Agency staff on clinical services, policies, and procedures as needed.
- Facilitates problem-solving sessions to enable Case Managers and other staff to resolve client and/or reimbursement source issues.
- Identifies and participates in performance improvement activities, maintaining compliance with State of IN Home Care regulations and Conditions of Participation.
- Write and acquire Prior Authorization for Medicaid and other insurance authorizations.
Must hold Indiana RN license with previous management experience. Willing to provide home care training to the right candidate.
Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred. Required 2 year nursing degree from accredited program
Familiar and comfortable with EMR transitions
Must be a strong leader and work to build teamwork
Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct field staff
Problem solving and critical thinking skills
High ethical standards and character
Reliable car, auto insurance and IN drivers License
Clean background and criminal record
Great Care Home Health is a Licensed Skilled agency serving Indianapolis and surrounding areas. Great Care is a medium sized agency which takes pride in providing great care to patients. If you are a person who likes to be afforded the time it takes to properly care for a patient and not be rushed out the door, Great Care is the place for you. Employees enjoy a comfortable and flexible work atmosphere where teamwork is always at the forefront.