Director of Nursing-DON - 13415
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF NURSING
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATOR
RESPONSIBILITIES: Participates as a member of the facilities management team in planning and administrative decision making with particular reference to the role, functions and operations of the facilities nursing services within the framework of the objectives and policies established by Senior Care Centers plans and coordinates nursing services. In summary, is responsible for patient care, management, resource management and fiscal management.
- Must have a current RN license(s)
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out verbal and/orwritten instructions in English
- Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to work flexibly and positively with intermittent interruptions
- Prior nurse management in long term care/skilled nursing preferred
- To assure resident safety
- Responsible for managing, directing and supervising nursing services
- Defines and maintains the standards of nursing practice within the facility
- Assesses the quality of care rendered
- Helps development of policies and procedures that govern nursing services and other services under his or her position control
- Helps in verifying employee credentials under his or her position control
- Responsible for staff performance, staff recruitment, staff retention and staff development
- Responsible for collaborating with other departments and agencies regarding resources and services for improved patient care and staff development
- Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing a budgeted process for staffing and services rendered
- Evaluates the quality and cost-effectiveness of staffing and services within the goals of the facility
- Serves as spokesperson for nursing matters and represents the facility with professional nursing and related organizations
- Participates in appropriate meetings and committees
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations
- Use appropriate work place behavior and adheres to dress code at all times
- Other duties as assigned
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned, including some weekends, holidays and evening; on call 24 hours; exempt position
Senior Care Centers is looking for talented, valued and caring team members to be part of our organization.
We believe that every patient and resident should be treated with the dignity and respect they deserve while receiving the clinical care that meets their needs.
Join the Senior Care Centers team and be part of the heart of nursing care.