Registered Nurse (RN)
We are looking for a Registered Nurse (RN)with geriatric and skilled nursing experience, supervisory experience is also desirable. This position will work directly for our Director of Nursing and is responsible for medications and treatments to the residents. You will evaluate the residents needs, condition and care, and will also assist the physician with examinations and treatments. The Charge Nurse supervises CNA staff in carrying out their assigned duties. You must be able to work with residents and the public on a personal basis under all conditions. The Charge Nurse informs the Director of Nursing of any unusual happenings or of potential problem areas in a timely manner. All nursing care will be performed with respect and compassion while promoting the individuality and comfort of all residents. The charge nurse shall always function within the scope of practice for a Registered Nurse. We are seeking candidates with the desire and willingness to work in a collaborative environment for the improved care and satisfaction of our residents.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Holds a valid license to practice as an RN
- Geriatric and skilled nursing experience preferred
- Supervisory experience desirable
- Criminal background clearance with the DOJ and FBI
- Physically healthy and strong enough to push, pull, or lift supplies or equipment up to fifty pounds.
- Physical clearance by company doctor with negative drug screen and a negative TB test.
- Medical, Dental, Life/AD&D, Voluntary Vision
- Vacation, Sick, and Holiday leave
- 403(b) Plan with employer matching contribution
- Shift differentials
Friends House is a Quaker inspired retirement community located in the heart of the Rincon Valley of Santa Rosa. Our mission is to provide quality residential, health and social services to seniors while emphasizing independence and the opportunity to participate in a dynamic community life. These services are provided in accordance with the Quaker values of simplicity, integrity, equality, and peace. We recruit caring and compassionate employees who will deliver resident services with respect, hope, and appreciation. Our goal is for each employee to have a fulfilling and rewarding employment experience.