Registered Nurse (RN)
Location14200 W 134th Pl
Olathe, KS 66062
Employee is required to manage, administer & record the care given to residents. The RN provides general oversight to employees in all departments in the evenings, on weekends & holidays when their direct supervisors are not present. The RN is directly responsible for assuring that all staff under their supervision complies with the facility mission & provides good customer service including being attentive & compassionate to all residents, their families & to other staff members. The RN monitors & implements the resident care plans & is responsible for the direct supervision of CNAs and Medication Aides.
- Improve the lives of our customers, especially the patients, families, and fellow employees.
- Exceed the expectations of our customers as often as possible.
- Give our customers positive, memorable experiences that they will remember for a lifetime.
- May be delegated/assigned to be charge nurse by the Director of Nursing (DON) or Unit Manager. Therefore is responsible and supervises the nursing activities in the facility during assigned shift in accordance with Federal, State, and facility guidelines and regulations. The charge nurse delegates responsibility to nursing personnel for the direct nursing care of specific residents during each shift.
- Provide management of the nursing care to the residents.
- Participates in shift to shift report and passes on information to the next shift.
- Communicate with family members regarding the progress of the resident.
- Record & monitor all progress of residents & communicate with physicians according to facility policies.
- Be a liaison for the primary care physicians, nursing staff, and families of the residents.
- Participates in the development, revision and accuracy of resident care plans.
- Ensuring nursing staff involved in providing care to residents is aware of the care plan and the residents care plans is used to administer daily care.
- Assures that all medications & treatments are administered as ordered & in a timely fashion according to facility policies & schedules.
- Ensures that procedures for storage and control of medication and supplies are being followed.
- Monitor work of care givers in each house to insure that their assignments are being completed & assist with tasks as needed. Monitor for community values.
- Monitors personal & staff compliance to all State & Federal requirements including bloodborne pathogens, hazardous materials, infection control & fore safety.
- Monitors personal & staff compliance to residents rights.
- Ensure adequate staff is available on nursing units by reporting immediately to supervisor.
- Complete admission assessments on all newly admitted residents to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Transfers and discharges residents with appropriate and accurate information.
- Responsible for following through on resident incidents and grievances by taking appropriate action and reporting immediately to supervisor.
- Participate in committees as requested.
- Ensure that nursing service work areas (i.e. nurses stations, medicine preparation rooms, etc.) Resident rooms, treatment areas, etc are maintained in a clean, safe and sanitary manner.
- Other duties as required.
- Current State of Kansas Registered Nurse license.
- Employee must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop & maintain good working relationships with co-workers & other departments.
- Employee must be able to perform in such a way to build good working habits & relationships among the staff that they manage as well as other departmental staff.
- Employee is required to handle employees in a manner that assists them in their ability to function effectively.
- Must be knowledgeable of and follow the Kansas Nurse Practice Act as well as state and federal regulations and guidelines.
- Must have the skills to plan, organize, and prioritize and problem solve and make decisions that are necessary for providing quality resident care.
St. Anthony's Senior Care Hospital is a 19 bed geriatric psychiatric hospital specializing in behavioral health that will open in the early spring of 2017. Our facility is designed to provide care, 24 hours a day, with the essence of home and family in mind. We have implemented a new non-institutional model that families respond confidently that their relatives and loved ones are in a supportive and comforting environment. Our model is inspired by the care we would provide for our own families. When it is all said and done, everything we do is engineered to Improve Lives and Exceed Expectations!