Registered Medication Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant - All Shifts
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity with a growing company? The Crossings at Ironbridge, offering Assisted Living and Memory Care Services, is currently seeking a Registered Medication Aide/Certified Nursing Assistant for their location in Chester, Virginia.
*You must already be a Registered Medication Aide!!
The RMA/CNA provides quality care and assistance with activities of daily living for residents of the community. The RMA/CNA assists with the administration of prescribed medications within the established scope of practice. The RMA/CNA encourages all residents to function at their highest level of independence and to participate in community activities. Conducts activities and provides for a meaningful experience for all residents. Responsible for ensuring a pleasurable dining experience and for representing the community in a positive manner at all times.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Must maintain a working knowledge of all policies and procedures pertaining to the position
- Assists residents with activities of daily living
- Reports incidents involving residents to include care concerns or issues, to appropriate individuals (ex: HCC, RN/LPN, or ED)
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as making resident beds, cleaning resident apartments, common areas, dining room, etc. as directed by supervisor
- Respond promptly to all resident calls for assistance or emergency alerts
- Must be able to remain calm and competent during emergencies
- Assists in planning and conducting activity programs for residents
- Follows confidentiality policies regarding release of resident information
- Assists residents to and from the dining room, and to and from activities
- Checks on residents, ensures attendance at meals and activities
- Checks on residents who are ill and reports status or concerns to appropriate individuals
- Communicate verbally and in writing to report resident status, upcoming community information, resident appointments, admissions, and transfers
- Assists new residents with move-in transition: provide emotional support
- Must possess current CNA license from the Virginia Board of Nursing in good standing
- Must possess current Registered Medication Aide license from the Virginia Board of Nursing in good standing
- Must be able to effectively communicate verbally and in-writing
- Must be organized and able to work well with all levels of personnel
- Must be a contributing member of nursing team and follow instruction of supervisor
- Must be polite and considerate of residents, visitors, and co-workers at all times
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and push or carry 25 lbs
- Must be able to safely lift and transfer residents while maintaining proper body mechanics
- Must be in designated uniform during working hours, to include name badge and a smile
- Must be CPR/First Aid certified, or be willing to become certified within 60 days of hire
- Must be able to represent the community in a positive and professional manner
- Must attend and complete all required in-services and staff meetings
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include holidays and weekends
- Current shifts available include Full Time, Part-Time, ALL SHIFTS AVAILABLE
Must be available to work every other weekend and some holidays!! No exceptions!
Per Assisted Living Regulations we perform background checks and drug screens on all new hires!
The Crossings at Ironbridge is an 89-bed Assisted Living and Memory Care community located in Chester, Va. The community opened in 1998 and is owned and managed by Harmony Senior Services. Our residents enjoy a variety of amenities, including spacious floor plans and exceptional outdoor space!