Clinic RN PACE
Under the direction and supervision of the RN Clinic Supervisor, uses and demonstrates detailed nursing assessments skills, including a comprehensive Initial, Semi-annual and Annual nursing assessment and triaging participants as needed in the PACE Clinic.Participates in planning, executes interventions in accordance with the care plan and contributes to the evaluation of individualized interventions related to the care plan. Coordinates with the interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive care plan for each client. Actively takes part in implementing a summary on each client to help the state determine Nursing Home Level of Care. Administers medications, implements primary care orders, and evaluates participant complaints physically or by phone and report findings to physician. Provides education to participants and caregivers in regards to care plan, nursing treatments or medications. Communicates participants condition to primary care givers, physician and multidisciplinary team.
Qualifications and Requirements
Education- Graduate of a school of professional nursing program required.Current California Registered Nurse License and CPR certification required.
Experience- A minimum of one years experience in working with the frail or elderly population preferred. IV certification preferred.
Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned.
- Broad knowledge base of health care problems of the frail elderly.
- Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Skilled in identifying problems and recommending solutions.
- Skilled in preparing and maintaining records and writing reports, and responding to correspondence.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with participants, medical staff, staff members and family caregivers.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of medications used in geriatrics and adverse reactions.
- Skilled in wound care.
- Skilled in physical assessments and triaging.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Shall attend in-service education program, including orientation, skilled training and continuing education.
- In coordination with interdisciplinary team participates in planning and executing interventions in accordance of the plan of care.
- As needed, conducts in-person comprehensive initial, semiannual and annual nursing assessment. Coordinates with the interdisciplinary team to develop a comprehensive care plan for each new client or update care plans for all semiannual and annual assessments.
- Determine Nursing level of care in accordance to regulations.
- As delegated by Clinic Supervisor, performs basic nursing services.
- Maintains participants medical record and fulfills St. Pauls PACE charting and reporting requirements. Minimally, provision of a quarterly narrative nursing note, unless a participants condition requires a more frequent note, indicating participants progress toward achieving health goals.
- Performs the administration of prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards. Records all medications and treatments administered.
- Observes, records, and reports participants condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Notification of the physician of any marked change in the participants condition. As designated by the Clinic Supervisor and meeting the requirements of the Businessand Professions Code 2860.5.(b), shall withdraw blood from participants as instructed.
If you prefer to fax your application and resume you may fax it to 619.239.1256. We also accept applications in person at 328 Maple Street, San Diego, CA 92103. Come to the 2nd floor and let the receptionist know you would like to complete an application.
To learn more about St. Pauls Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
St. Pauls Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCompany Description
St. Paul's is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We are centrally located in the beautiful community of Bankers Hill, close to downtown San Diego. St. Paul's strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.