Nurse Practitioner (Patient Aligned Care Team - Float)
Nurse Practitioners provide nursing and medical services to individuals, families, groups and communities.Their practice may be focused on populations, settings, specific types of care and problems, diagnostic systems, teaching and counseling. They work autonomously and in collaboration by integrating knowledge that is evidence based and cost effective. The incumbent will work autonomously and in collaboration by integrating knowledge that is evidence based and cost effective. They provide leadership in advancing nursing practice to achieve cost effective and quality patient outcomes. Theypromote the profession as researchers, consultants, teachers, mentors, clinicians and patient advocates. Their services can include teaching and interdisciplinary counseling, system design, supervising, interpretation of diagnostic and laboratory tests, ordering pharmaceutical agents and/or non-pharmacological treatments/therapies. They are accountable for health care outcomes, ethical practice, peer review, continued professional development and promoting the profession by maintaining the standards of the profession.
The Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) is a patient-driven, team based approach that delivers efficient, comprehensive and continuous care through active communication and coordination of healthcare services.
This position will require a substantial amount of travel to any of our sites to include: Kansas City VA Medical Center, Johnson County and Honor Annex locations, and any of our Community Based Outpatient Clinics, located in Paola, KS; Belton, MO; Cameron, MO; Excelsior Springs, MO; Nevada, MO and Warrensburg, MO.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am to 4:30 pm.
Functional Statement Title/#: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse: Nurse III Functional Statement
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- A Nurse practitioner must be licensed or otherwise recognized as a nurse practitioner in a State.
- Possess a master's degree from a program accredited by the NLNAC or CCNE.
- Maintain full and current certification as a nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Association or another nationally recognized certifying body. [The certification must be in the specialty to which the individual is being appointed or selected.]
Preferred Experience: 3+ years clinical experienceandANCC approved certification preferred.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: This position requires visual acuity, keen hearing, clear distinctive speech, and manual dexterity. This position requires potentially long periods of continued walking, standing, stooping, sitting, bending, pulling, and pushing. Transferring patients and objects may be required. The incumbent may be exposed to infected patients and contaminated materials and may be required to don protective clothing in isolation situations or operative/invasive procedures. The incumbent may occasionally be exposed to patients who are combative secondary to delirium, dementia, or psychiatric disorders. The incumbent must be a mature, flexible, sensible individual capable of working effectively in stressful situations, able to shift priorities based on patient needs. Must complete annual Employee Health requirements, such as annual TB screening or testing, as a condition of employment.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other(Certifications, References, 10-2850a)
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (required) Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&amp;tkey=&amp;Action=Search
OF-306- Declaration of Federal Employment (required) Available at: https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 1983788.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.