Registered Nurse (RN) Supervisor - Part Time (Weekends Only)
Pico Rivera Healthcare Center is looking for an exceptional part-time Registered Nurse Supervisor to make a career servicing our residents. This position is great for RNs looking to add a second position or RNs looking to just have part time work.
This compassionate individual is responsible for assuring physicians orders are followed and quality care is provided on each shift in a skilled care facility. This position involves 90% direct patient care and 10% administrative non-direct patient care. The Registered Nurse assists in providing a clean, safe, dignified, happy and healthy environment for residents by performing the duties as described below:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Supervises LVNs and CNAs, carrying out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws
Complies with the facilitys attendance policy requiring regular, reliable, and punctual attendance
Makes actual patient rounds, assessing and observing the following at least three times per day:
- Monitoring vital signs as necessary with appropriate interventions as indicated
- G-T / enteral feedings
- Suctioning Needs
- Oxygen Needs
- Respiratory Needs
- Restraint application
- Hydration/nutritional status/feeding program
- Actual patient interviews
- Assessment of new admissions
- Pre/post-dialysis assessment
- Monitoring lab and x-ray values related to patients condition
- Incontinence and related interventions
- Skin care and/or changes of skin condition
- Use of proper assistive devices
- Ensures timely response to call lights
- Pacemaker check as ordered
- Acute changes in condition: nausea, diarrhea, infections, LOC changes, confusion, elevated temperature
- Respiratory Needs
- Pain management/intervention
- Assess behavior and provide interventions as indicated
- Wound treatments
- Therapy treatments
- Incidents; falls, unusual occurrences
- Patient complaints / concerns
- Abnormal laboratory values
- Identifies/assesses emergency medical situations and provides appropriate interventions as indicated
- Documentation and follow-up with timely notification of physician and family
- Care planning as needed
- Initiates within two weeks of admission of an incontinent resident, a written assessment by a licensed nurse to determine the patients ability to participate in a bowel and/or bladder management program.
- Creates an individualized plan, in addition to the patient care plan, for each resident in a bowel and/or bladder management program.
Makes comprehensive assessments and interventions related to changes of patient condition:
Evaluates patients for bowel and bladder program
Implements measures to prevent and reduce incontinence for residents, including:
Provides a weekly written evaluation in the progress notes by a licensed nurse of the residents performance in the bowel and/or bladder management program.
Intravenous Insertion, site changes, dressing changes, intravenous medication administration, assessing intravenous insertion site for s/s of infection and/or need for changes
RN may be assigned to administer medications and/or treatments if necessary
Establish and implement patient plans of care and document care provided appropriately
Ensures that Medicare guidelines, as well as HMO/PPO guidelines are within the facility Medicare change of condition documentation.
Performs administrative non-direct non-patient care as assigned by the DON and/or Administrator
Monitors condition changes and properly documents and follows-up as necessary.
Performs other duties or functions as assigned by the DON and/or Administrator
Supervises the LVNs and CNAs, carrying out all supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include assigning, and directing work; appraising performance of LVNs; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Current, unrestricted, verifiable California RN license. The nursing license must be maintained in a current status and provide evidence of renewal as required by the facilitys policies and procedures. Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices preferred.
Current CPR Card
Current strong clinical skills with an emphasis on respiratory patients.
Knowledge of long-term care patient needs.
Requires mental maturity to deal with fast-paced work environment.
Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress related to working with persons who are ill, disabled, elderly and/or emotionally upset, and/or memory impaired.
Must be able to manage resident behavior that includes verbal outbursts, combative behavior, striking out, and memory impairment.
Ability to speak Spanish or any other non-English language helpful but not required.
Must be aware of and understand the needs of the residents.Company Description
Pico Rivera Healthcare Center is a 99 bed Skilled Nursing Facility.