LPN/RN FULL-TIME DAYS NURSING FACILITY PART TIME ASSISTED LIVING
Brewster Parke is currently seeking a RN or LPN nurse for Full-time Day for the Nursing Facility 12 hour shifts and Part time & PRN Afternoon and Midnight Shift the assisted living facility (8 hour shifts/ 2pm-10pm, 10 pm -6am)
JOB DESCRIPTION:Summary: Duties to be performed shall include, but not be limited to:
- Monitor resident care on assigned shift to meet standards of practice and State and Federal guidelines.
- Coordinate all nursing functions of assigned team, assuring the maintenance of rehabilitative, restorative, and supportive programs.
- Receive report from off-going nurse on assigned shift and coordinate plan of care for residents on assigned unit
- Communicate report to assigned STNAs
- Report assigned unit activities to on-coming relief nurse.
- Perform scheduled drug count protocol transfer of keys and document per policy.
- Communicate any discrepancies to DON/ADON or designee upon identification.
- Make resident rounds on unit to assure all resident care is delivered according to policy and resident plan of care.
- Implement abuse and policy and protocol for any suspected or actual resident abuse.
- Implement fall protocol according to policy.
- Monitor and respond to residents nutritional needs and to weight gain and loss on an ongoing basis. Assuring that assistance is provided to meet nutritional and hydration needs, including the use of adaptive devices, as appropriate.
- Administer medication and treatments according to physicians orders.
- Administer IVs (according to licensure and training status), and record according to physicians orders, facility policy, and safe nursing practices.
- Administer tube feeding and record according to physicians orders, facility policy, and safe nursing practices.
- Administer treatments, including dressing changes and oxygen/respiratory therapy, and record according to physicians orders, facility policy, and safe nursing practice.
- Complete required medical record documentation according to policy.
- Assist in establishment and updating of residents care plan.
- Receive and transcribe and process all physician orders, facility according to policy.
- Assess newly admitted residents and transcribe findings according to assessment policy and guidelines.
- Report abnormal resident findings or status to physician (new observations, unexpected changes in status, symptoms, response to treatment, etc.).
- Report changes in resident condition to the physician/responsible party.
- Communicate with residents and sponsors regarding resident condition, treatments and other appropriate information and document notifications.
- Review all paperwork for completeness on residents prior discharge on assigned shift.
- Make rounds with physicians and consultants and monitor paperwork for completion in accordance with State and Federal regulations.
- Assess any resident as needed and document in nurses notes.
- Stimulate interests and encourage resident participation in activities, religious programs, therapies, beauty and barber shop allowing for personal preference and freedom of choice.
- Attend all meetings, committees, in-services and seminars as assigned.
- Educate staff to new processes, policies, and procedures as assigned.
- Complete STNA evaluations as assigned.
- Counsel or discipline STNA staff as needed according to policy.
- Maintain nursing unit care communication with DON/ADON.
- Communicate with other disciplines for continuity of care: Physical Therapy, Activities, and all other services required by the resident care plan.
- Promote morale of all personnel and maintain a spirit of cooperation and teamwork.
- Ensure all resident rights are protected.
- Work every other weekend. Work every other holiday.
- Participate in Continuous Quality Improvement Program as required. Promote enthusiastic participation and support of CQI by STNAs.
- Follow department and facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain working relationship with other charge/floor nurses, STNAs, ancillary departments, physicians, and consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
Rate: $19.00 LPN $23.55 RNCompany Description
Brewster Parke is a family owned and operated senior living community that has been serving the Stark County area since 1976. We offer a complete continuum of care ranging from Independent Living to Skilled Nursing Care and everything in between.