Director of Nursing
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the overall direction of hospice clinical services. The Director of Nursing establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and oversees all direct and indirect patient services provided by clinical organization personnel.
- Provides guidance and counseling to coordinators and Clinical Supervisors to assist them in continually improving all aspects of hospice care services, provided through organization
- Assists Clinical Supervisors in managing clinical teams and
- Provides help in assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient and family/caregiver care to all clinical personnel as
- Assists the Administrator in the preparation and administration of the organization's
- Interprets operational indicators to detect census changes and increases or decreases in volume that could impact staffing levels, revenues or
- Assists Clinical Supervisors to develop skills and techniques in evaluating the performance of clinicians.
- Recruits, interviews, evaluates, hires, orientating clinical staff with necessary
- Conducts initial 90 day and annual job performance evaluation of all clinical staff
- Oversees the maintenance of patient clinical records, statistics, reports and records for purposes of evaluation and reporting of organization
- Oversees proper maintenance of clinical records in compliance with local, state and federal
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of adequate and appropriate inventory supplies and equipment for the provision of patient
- Develops, implements and evaluates the orientation program for new organization personnel. Responsible for orientation of new organization personnel, directly or delegated.
- Plans and implements in-service and continuing education programs to meet education and training needs of organization
- Assists with the evaluation of organization performance via quality assessment performance improvement program, productivity, quarterly and annual reviews.
- Assists in the development of organization goals. Develops, recommends, and administers Organization policies and procedures
- Assures compliance with all local, state and federal laws regarding licensure and certification of organization personnel and, maintains compliance to the accrediting body
- Stays informed about changes in the field of nursing and hospice care; shares information with appropriate organization
- Promotes hospice referrals in the health care
- In the absence of the Administrator, the Director of Nursing will become the acting Administrator and will be vested with authority to act in behalf of the Administrator.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO and CFO.
- Candidate must be a registered nurse in the State of Texas with an active and current license to practice professional nursing.
- Preferred Candidate has aBachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited program by the National League for Nursing. Master's degree in hospice
- Must have a minimum of one year (1), preferred three plus years (3+)management experience in a hospice, or related health care organization.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and direct professional and administrative staff
- Ability to market and deal tactfully with potential community referral sources
- Must have a Texas drivers licenseand automobile that is insured in accordance with Texas
- Must have excellent observation, verbal and written communication
- Knowledgeableof business management, governmental regulations and accrediting body