Hospice Nurse (RN) - Company Car | Small Caseloads | Research Programs
"Those who have the strength and the love to sit with a dying patient in the silence that goes beyond words will know that this moment is neither frightening nor painful, but a peaceful cessation of the functioning of the body." - Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Benefits:Clinicians enjoy a traditional work schedule with no on-call duties/after-hours; generous benefits and PTO packages and an affordable company car program!
Essential job functions:
- Provides supportive care to clients and their family/caregiver according to the primary caregiver's orders and agency's standards and policies
- Performs appropriate physical and emotional assessments of client status/needs and the needs of the family/caregiver
- Communicates with client's physician regarding the client's needs and reports changes in condition; obtains/receives physicians orders as required
- Provides professional nursing advice by utilizing all elements of nursing process
- Graduate from a Baccalaureate Degree Nursing Program, Associate Degree Nursing Program or a diploma in Nursing from an accredited school of nursing
- Registered Nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the State of California
- Minimum of 1-year experience in skilled nursing environment
- Palliative Care or hospice experience a definite plus!
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal supervision, ability to organize and prioritize workload independently
- Valid CA driver's license, with a reliable vehicle that is insured in accordance with state requirements
We at Pathways believe that clinicians are remarkable individuals. You have your own unique story and reasons for choosing a career helping others. Your goals and the things you love about what you do are personal and meaningful.
We are guided by the principle that people fulfilling their potential in meaningful ways have better lives and rewarding careers. This can only happen when meaning is shared between you and the organization you help steward. We believe helping you find the right workplace culture fit is how we help change everything.