Licensed Practical Nurse
Job Fair at River Ridge Center 10a-4p 9/6. Come see what Genesis facilities has to offer!
Pine Point Center is currently accepting applications for full time/ part time LPN's on our day and evening shifts. (Flexible scheduling offered including 12 hour shifts) Contact Karen Farrington at 207-883-2468 or email at email@example.com today as you may be eligible for a sign on bonus!
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), The Licensed Practical Nurse delivers efficient and effective nursing care while achieving positive clinical outcomes and patient/family satisfaction. He/she operates within the scope of practice defined by the State Nurse Practice Act. The LPN/LVN contributes to nursing assessments and care planning, provides direct patient care, and supervises patient care provided by unlicensed staff.
1. Resident Evaluation:
1.1. Collects, reports and documents objective and subjective data;
1.2. Observes conditions and reports changes in condition to RN;
2. Care Planning:
2.1. Contributes to establishing individualized resident goals;
2.2. Assists in developing interventions to achieve goals;
2.3. Implements the plan of care;
2.4. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions to achieve resident goals and minimize re-hospitalizations;
2.5. Participates in the review and revision of service plan.
3. Provision of Direct Patient Care:
3.1. Administers medications and performs treatments per physician orders;
3.2. Communicates pertinent data to RN and/or physician;
3.3. Documents accurately and thoroughly;
3.4. Consults and seeks guidance from the RN as necessary;
4. Monitors patient care provided by unlicensed staff:
4.1. Assigns duties as specified by State Nurse Practice Act, Genesis policy, and staff training;
4.2 Communicates resident information with unlicensed staff during and between shifts;
4.3. Monitors, evaluates and follows-up on assigned responsibilities of unlicensed staff;
4.4. Ensures that assigned tasks are performed in accordance with policies and procedures;
5. Uses Point Click Care (PCC) according to the Business Processes;
6. Provides oversight of unlicensed staff;
7. Participates in shift-to-shift communication between incoming and outgoing nursing staff;
8. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with the individual's needs, choices and preferences.
9. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective careconsistent with the individual's needs, choices and preferences;
10. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of the staff, residents and families;
11. Enhances nursing practice by attending all mandated in-service programs;
12. Assists with the orientation of newly hired nursing staff
13. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
14. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
15. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of residents;
16. Performs other duties as requested.
1. Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited to those within the Compliance Process, Standard/Code of Conduct, Federal False Claims Act and HIPAA.
2. Participates in required orientation and training programs.
3. Promptly reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance to supervisor, Compliance Liaison or to the Compliance Officer via the Integrity Hotline.
4. Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
5. Participates, as requested, in quality assurance and process improvement activities.
SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Graduate of an approved school for practical or vocational nursing is required. 2. Must be currently licensed by the State Board of Nursing. 3. Experience is preferred in rehabilitative or geriatric nursing. 4. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs. 5. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required. 6. Maintains current BLS/CPR certification (All SNFs and Behavioral Centers; ALFs/ILFs as required by State).
For more information or questions on how to apply contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
EEO/AA, M/F, Vet, Disabled