RN CARE MANAGER ($5,000 Sign-On Bonus!)
RN CARE MANAGER
Position type: Full-time
Shift: 40 hours. Day
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
The RN CARE MANAGER is responsible for the coordination of the patient's care and services. Promotes quality care using a collaborative process that coordinates, monitors, and evaluates services according to the needs of and interpersonal contact with patients. in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's degree in nursing)
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year of clinical experience in post-acute care setting preferred
- Prior case management, utilization review, and discharge planning experience preferred
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) or Board Certification in Nursing Case Management (RN-BC) preferred
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be able to generate written communication that is clear, concise, and well-organized
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be efficient in prioritizing and managing time and assignments
- Must contribute to the organization's goals and objectives and support the organizational strategic plans
- Must have expert knowledge in field of practice
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: general manager duties, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to demonstrate efficient use of relevant computer systems including but not limited to the ability to enter and retrieve data
- Must be able to serve as liaison to external case managers, family, physicians, and community resources
- Must have the ability to train and education patients, families, associates, and other providers of care
- Must implement the standards of practice for care management, ethical performance, and functions relevant to coordination of care
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
For more information on our location, visit us at http://hallmarkmanor.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Federal Way, WA
The Life Care Centers of America story began in 1970 when Garden Terrace Convalescent Center, now Life Care Center of Cleveland, was built in Cleveland, Tennessee. With a highly trained staff of caring associates and a beautiful building resembling a home environment more than a traditional nursing home, Life Care embarked on its more than 40-years of experience in care with a consistent focus on the resident as the highest priority.
No longer simply nursing homes, Life Care offers more services in order to meet the needs of residents and patients across the country. Through the years, Life Care added Alzheimer and dementia care, assisted and independent living facilities, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, and on-site physicians.
Life Care continues to look for innovative ways to enhance resident and patient care. The same passion for resident-centered care, that started in 1970, still fuels Life Care today.
Today Life Care operates or manages more than 200 skilled nursing, rehabilitation, Alzheimers and senior living campuses in 28 states