Director of Nursing
We have a new position opening for a qualified Director of Nursing to assist the Program Director at our Senior Care Unit in Ark City, KS. We pride ourselves on managing a geriatric behavioral health unit that is ran with dignity, kindness, and respect for our patients and staff.
This position is responsible for assisting the Program Director with administrative, management, nursing, and on-call requirements/responsibilities.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled behavioral health patients
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Properly orient new hires to unit and host hospital
- Maintain proper staff to census/acuity ratios
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients and their families about health maintenance and behavioral/mental health disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Utilizes knowledge of growth and development, psychopathology and psychosocial systems as evidenced by accurate assessments, participation in staffing and case conferences and recognizing and responding appropriately to symptoms and behavior.
- Previous experience in geriatric & psychiatric nursing preferred but not required
- Familiarity with medical software and equipment
- Ability to build rapport with patients and their family, staff, and host hospital
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, positive demeanor, and strong history of attendance and punctuality is a must!
Salary is DOE.Company Description
Quality Health Care, Inc. is a privately held company founded in 1995 by its President and CEO, Ross Cooper. Our company has multiple units in various rural areas around Kansas to ensure patients get the care they need as close to home as possible. We bring in our own staff and psychiatrist and take great pride in assisting and caring for our behavioral health patients and their families.
Our company's benefits to rural hospitals include:
- Recruiting, hiring and assuming the payroll for the entire staff and physician.
- Providing clinical program implementation and staff training.
- Providing management consulting, individual independent market analysis and full survey preparation.
Quality Health Care is able to generate a significant revenue stream for the hospitals while also providing a specialized service to a growing and under-served segment of the community and their families. We take great pride in providing a safe, respectful, and caring environment for our patients during their stay.