Licensed Practical Nurse and RN's
Green Oaks Senior Living community is anticipated to open summer of 2017 and is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. Ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers, the privately held company owns and operates 33 senior living communities in 12 states from New York to Oregon. Spectrum currently employs a staff of more than 2,500 and oversees more than 3,900 apartments. Celebrating its 12th year of operations, the rapidly growing company has eight communities under construction and will manage 3,700 senior apartment homes by 2017. For more information, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.
JOB DESCRIPTIONWELLNESS NURSE
PURPOSE Supports the health and well being of residents through ongoing clinical monitoring and support. Provides assistance to community nurses, caregivers and medication personnel to help ensure regulatory compliance and clinical excellence.
REPORTS TODirector of Wellness
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- In conjunction with the communitys multidisciplinary team, and as directed by Supervisor,assist in coordination of the resident admission process including screening, assessment and care needs to determine whether the community team can meet the prospects required level of care.
- Document and report care provided and resident observations including unusual or significant changes in physical, mental, or behavioral conditions.
- Ensure care is delivered as indicated in resident care plans.
- Respond to emergency needs as designated by community policies.
- Maintain a working knowledge of state regulations, policies and procedures, dictated for compliance.
- Assist with medication and treatment administration and ensure medications are administered per physician orders.
- In coordination with Supervisor, monitor, audit and ensure that the medication system meets State-specific and community standards.
- As directed, review and coordinate completion of incident reports that are health or injury related and develop/monitor plans of correction in accordance with Spectrum policies and procedures.
- Assist in the coordination of care and services with other outside providers including resident physicians.
- Must be able to communicate and function in an interdisciplinary team.
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, and move frequently during working hours.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. floor to waist, lift 10 lbs. waist to shoulder, lift and carry 40 lbs., and push/pull 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Understand and adhere to Resident Confidentiality and HIPPA regulations.
TEAM MEMBER EXPECTATIONS
- Preserve and protect the privacy, confidentiality and security of all medical records,proprietary and other confidential information relating to Spectrum Retirement, its residents, Team Members, activities and affiliates, in accordance with all applicable laws (especially HIPAA) and Spectrum policy.
- Promote Spectrum in a positive manner and lead by example, modeling our core values in everyday behavior
- Understand how to approach and communicate with all residents including those who are cognitively impaired.
- Treat residents, family members and other team members with dignity and respect while responding to their needs.
- Maintain and sustain a safe community and workplace.
- Follow Spectrums Policies, Procedures, and Manuals.Accept other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Current nursing license.
- Has experience in community or long term care settings. Possesses geriatric assessment skills. Is knowledgeable in dementia care.
- Has the ability to train staff and to assess systems and implement systems. Is organized and self-directed.
- CPR certification.
- Three- to five-years experience in assessment and geriatric nursing.
- Current state registration.
Spectrum Retirement Communities (SRC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our Benefits program is offered to all Eligible Full-Time Team Members (Salaried and Hourly) after completing 60 continuous days of service with the company. Spectrum Retirement Communities also follows the guidelines of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Variable hour team members will be measured using the defined measurement periods and offered benefits per the Act. The following benefits are offered to all eligible team members and their families:
Voluntary Insurance (Accident, Disability, Cancer, Critical Illness and Life Insurance)
HSA or FSA Spending Accounts
PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holiday Time Off
Tuition ReimbursementCompany Description
Creve Coeur Assisted Living and Memory Care opened in January 2015 and is part of Spectrum Retirement Communities, LLC. We are considered a leader and innovator in senior living. Ranked in the top five senior living companies for excellence by its peers, the privately held company owns and operates 33 senior living communities in 12 states from New York to Oregon. Spectrum currently employs a staff of more than 2,500 and oversees more than 3,900 apartments. Celebrating its 12th year of operations, the rapidly growing company has eight communities under construction and will manage 3,700 senior apartment homes by 2017. For more information, visit www.spectrumretirement.com.