RN Clinical Nurse Leader Community Living Center
This position is located in theCommunity Living Center Amarillo VA Hospital.This nurse demonstrates a sustained high level of clinical practice, skills to provide patient/resident care in a fast pace environment. Our facility is seeking individuals who possess good organizational skills which enable completion of work, a demonstrated ability to participate in a patient centered program, and the ability to establish effective communication with patients, families, visitors and members of the interdisciplinary team.
Work Schedule: Varied days -7:30 am to 4:00 pm
This is an open continuous announcement that will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies for this agency. There will be multiple cut-off dates every three weeks beginning 11/21/2016. Additional cut-off dates may be established until all vacancies have been filled.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies.
AVAHCS currently offers general medical and surgery inpatient care, day surgery, long term care, home based primary care and specialty care, mental health services including substance abuse treatment, homeless services and an OEF/OIF program to a population of 64,400 veterans in a primary service area that covers counties in the Texas Panhandle, northern Oklahoma Panhandle and eastern New Mexico. We are a level 2 facility serving 25,602 unique Veterans. In FY12, there were 2,315 inpatients treated and 264,380 outpatient visits. There are currently 45 total operating hospital beds, which includes 14 ICU beds and 120 operating community living center beds. The FY13 annual budget is $180+million. Our facility provides an active teaching environment for medical students and residents through a formal affiliation with Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. The rotation includes approximately 50 residents in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, and Specialty Care. Other affiliations provide a variety of educational opportunities in pharmacy, optometry, nursing and various allied health programs.
Amarillo has something for everyone; Arts & Culture, family fun, heritage/history, and outdoor adventures. Amarillo centrally located from skiing the New Mexico and Colorado Mountains, as well as being centrally located to Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Albuquerque NM, Denver CO and Oklahoma City, OK. Amarillo residents enjoy big city life with small town atmosphere with a low cost of living and no state income tax.
* U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
* Full unrestricted Licensure, Certification, or Registration required.
*Masters Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant. The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. Ability to complete the Clinical Nurse Leader Curriculum within one year of hire is required.
* Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
* English Language Proficiency. RNs appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
* Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
* Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
* Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-6 Nurse Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Preferred Experience:Acute/Long-term Care/Rehab
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or r?Å sum?Å . Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(VA FORM 10-2850A)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other Veterans Document
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS to be considered for this position:
Applicants who are current employees of the Amarillo VA Health Care System must only providean up-to-date resume or CV and complete the Occupational Questionnaire. ALL OTHER APPLICANTS must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
1. CV or Resume (Required).
2. Occupational Questionnaire. (Required)
3. VA Form 10-2850a - Application Nurse Anesthetist (Available at http://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf (Required).
4. Optional Form 306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (Available at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf. This isa required form and must be submitted with your application.
5. If prior military service, include all copies of your DD Forms 214. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must also complete and submit an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference (available at https://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF15.pdf
6. If currently employed in the VA system or in another Federal agency, include latest SF-50 - Notification of Personnel Action. (required).
Please follow the directions in the vacancy announcement. Failure to submit a complete application packetcontaining ALL of the required documents will result in non consideration for this position.
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents:
You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.
If you completed the occupational questionnaire online and are unable to upload supporting document(s):
1. To fax your documents, you must use the following cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf and provide the required information. The Vacancy ID is 1840093.
2. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot complete the Application Package online, you may fax all of your materials. The complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG:Closing Date to receive consideration. Keep a copy of your fax confirmation in the event verification is needed.
To complete the occupational questionnaire and submit via fax:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire.
2. Print the 1203FX form, follow the instructions and provide your responses to the occupational questionnaire items http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf.
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.