Registered Nurse (Intermittent)
Lee County Healthcare Center, Cape Coral, Florida, is seeking an Intermittent Registered Nurse who is highly reliable, compassionate, empathetic, experienced, skilled and knowledgeable to serve in the role of Registered Nurse - Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT). The Registered Nurses in the (PACT) provides Care Coordination for an assigned panel of patient, direct and indirect nursing care to patients and families in the Outpatient arena. He/she must be accountable for adhering to established policies, protocols, standards of care and standards of practice. This is a very autonomous position with an active role in providing face to face as well as telephonic, web based and virtual patient care to a provider's panel of patients. The Intermittent PR is expected to cover other clinical areas as assigned.
The Registered Nurse will be a pivotal member of the direct team working very closely with the Licensed Practical Nurse clinical associate, the clerical associate and Primary Care Provider in caring for a panel of Veteran patients in addition to regular interaction with other members of the interdisciplinary care team. The RN reports directly to the Nurse Manager of the outpatient clinic and will function as team leader and charge nurse as assigned.
Intermittent Registered Nurse may not be scheduled for employment which will exceed 1820 work hours a year, per 38USC 7405(a)(1)(A) and is not eligible for certain VA benefits.
Salary will be determined based on education and documented experience by Nursing Professional Standard Board
Work Schedule: Actual tour will be determined by Facility needs, Day Shifts (Monday thru Friday, 0800a.m. to 04:30p.m. or Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.) with Saturday rotation clinic has extended hours with various staff start times. Employee will be required to work other than normal duty hours.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- RN, BSN preferred
- Minimum two years professional expereince
- Demonstrated knowledge of computer skills to enter and retrieve data.
- Positive interpersonal skills; ability to work well with all disciplines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.