Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
This position is located at the VA Pacific Islands Healthcare System, Honolulu, Hawaii and Maui Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) and practices within a multidisciplinary team under the direction of the Team Leader of the Leeward Oahu CBOC and Mental Health team. Administrative oversight is provided by the Program Manager, Ambulatory Mental Health Service. Incumbent will receive professional oversight by the VAPIHCS Nurse Executive for areas specific to the discipline of nursing. Major duties include, but not limited to:
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental disorders as delineated by CNS Scope of Practice.
- Serves as primary case manager/mental health treatment coordinator to a defined panel of patients.
- Utilizes standardized MHS Treatment Planning procedures.
- Collaborates with patient in treatment planning.
- Coordinates treatment with multidisciplinary team members within the MHS and with providers outside of the MHS.
- Promotes recovery within a Psychosocial Rehabilitation model.
- Provides psychotherapy (individual, group, couples) consistent with scope of practice. Utilizes evidence-based treatments.
- Develops a comprehensive initial assessment according to MHS guidelines.
Functional Statement Title/#: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse Functional StatementBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
Grade Determinations: The following criteria must be met in determining the grade assignment of candidates, and if appropriate, the level within a grade:
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree.
Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), etc.
- Cover Letter
- VA Form 10-2850
- VA Disability Letter