Registered Nurse (Primary Care - PACT)
Specific practice settings include Primary Care Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT)The nurse will focus on care provided in primary care environment. TheCare Management Registered Nurse (RN)is accountable to the Nurse Manager of the assigned Primary Care clinic and is responsible for collaborating with other health members to develop, implement, and coordinate patient care delivery.He/she is responsible for the overall direction of team members to achieve desirable patient outcomes through day-today and or/telephonic case management.The RN adheres to established policies, standards of care, and standards of practice; demonstrates leadership when providing nursing care; and serves as a role model when assigned as and RN, team leader or charge nurse under the supervision of the Nurse Manger or designee.
Primary duties include, but not limited to:
* Provides care in a primary care environmentbut will provide coverage inother clinical areas as needed;
* Participates/leads daily and PRN huddles with assigned Teamlet to facilitate communication of team to ensure patient care needs are met;
* Assists with the development, assessment, implementation and monitoring/evaluation of comprehensive plans of care to ensure efficient, effective and coordinated care in meeting and promoting standards of wellness;
* Demonstrates ability to coordinate an interdisciplinary approach to assure physical, psycho-social, and environmental needs and resource delivery to achieve patient goals;
* Completes patient discharge follow-up calls within two (2) days of discharge
* Completes encounters correctly, efficiently, and by close of business each day; completes clinical reminders with each patient visit
* Collaborates with other health care providers to implement and coordinate care delivery for employees, contractors, volunteers, students and VA applicants to achieve maximum quality, patient centered care and appropriate utilization of resources;
* Facilitates care coordination and access to specialty care through communication and placing various consult types;
* Demonstrates competence in preparing RME for patient care use and cleaning post procedure Adheres to all departmental policies and procedures for reprocessing RME. Meets the requirement of a review of the current policy and procedure, with documented evidence of the review and understanding of content;
* Demonstrates proficiency in utilizing Primary Care Data Sets in VSSC to identify high risk patients and review other specific patient populations
* Works collaboratively with Nurse Managers and other supervisory officials to provide education and services to staff throughout the organization.
Preferred Experience: 2 -3 years working in Primary Careexperience preferred; BSN Degree Preferred
Work Schedule: This position is classified as primarily day shifts: 8:00AM to 4:30PM. May be required to work holidays, weekends, or shifts as needed.
Functional Statement Title/#: Primary Care Registered Nurse, Care ManagementBASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Physical Requirements: Lifting (up to 35 lbs); Carrying (Up to 35 lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 1 hour); Pushing (1 ?,- 2 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 3 hours); Standing (up to 3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 1 hour); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Hearing (aid permitted).
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(VA-Form 10-2850a APPLICATION FOR NURSES AND NURSE ANESTHETISTS)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other Veterans Document
VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (required) Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2006266.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.