Registered Nurse (Home Telehealth Case Manager)
Registered Nurse (Home Telehealth Case Manager) is assigned to theClinical Informatics departmentat the Alaska VA Healthcare System.The Home Telehealth (HT) is defined as a program into which Veterans are enrolled that applies care and case management principles to coordinate care using health informatics, disease management and technologies such as in-home and mobile monitoring, messaging and/or video technologies. The goal is to improve clinical outcomes and access to care while reducing complications, hospitalizations, and clinic or emergency room visits for Veterans in post-acute care settings, high-risk Veterans with chronic disease or Veterans at risk for placement in long-term care. Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in assessing, planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating patients to identify needs, issues, care goals, and appropriate resources necessary for care management, achieving desired outcomes.
- Provide oversight of program staff involved in the day-to-day clinical operations of care coordination service delivery.
- Assure accuracy of information provided in the form of progress notes, reports, presentations, briefings on program, patients and operations.
- Collaborate with patient and care providers in all settings where care is being provided to evaluate and update changes in the plan of care and patient management.
- Recognize complex situations that affect patient care and intervenes using sound judgment, professional attitude, and appropriate channels.
- Provide leadership to the interdisciplinary team in identification and addressing of ethical issues surrounding care management and professional practice.
- Promote an open environment where employees are free to discuss their ideas, concerns, and suggestions.
- Analyze resources available and identifies risk areas including budgetary, staffing, supplies, equipment, and/or availability of data/information, which may affect program outcomes.
- Evaluate age-specific care for adult and geriatric patients, sets goals in collaboration with patient and family, and provides education to patient and caregiver.
- Evaluate options available and selects a course of action that will result in the most favorable organization outcomes.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Alaska Standard Time
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse (Home Telehealth Case Manager)/000000
- U.S. citizenship.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant:The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing.
- The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing.Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Nurse I Level I - An Associate Degree (ADN) or Diploma in Nursing, with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse I Level II - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 1 year of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a bachelor's degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience; OR a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) with no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse I Level III - An ADN or Diploma in Nursing and approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR an ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a BSN with approximately 1-2 years of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing (MSN) or related field with a BSN and no additional nursing practice/experience.
- Nurse II - A BSN with approximately 2-3 years of nursing practice/experience; OR ADN or Diploma in Nursing and a Bachelor's degree in a related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Master's degree in nursing or related field with a BSN and approximately 1-2 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or meets basic requirements for appointment and has doctoral degree in a related field with no additional nursing practice/experience required.
- Nurse III - Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience; OR a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and approximately 2-3 year's of nursing practice/experience.
Preferred Experience:Recent experience as a Registered Nurse in telehealth homecare setting. Experience in Case Management within the geriatric population.Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment.You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Physical Requirements: Heavy Lifting (45 lbs and over); Moderate Carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight pulling (up to 1 hour); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 4 hours); Standing (up to 2 hours); Kneeling (up to 1 hour); Repeated bending (up to 3 hours); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Far vision correctable in one eye to 20/20 and to 20/40 in the other; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of colors: Hearing (aid permitted); Emotional and Mental stability.
All applicants are required to submit the following supporting document type(s):
*Other(VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists)
Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s),which may not be required for all applicants:*Cover Letter
*Other Veterans Document
-VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists (required). Available at the VA Forms website: https://www.va.gov/vaforms/medical/pdf/vha-10-2850a-091998-fill.pdf.
-OF306 - Declaration for Federal Employment (required for US Citizen applicants). Available at http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf.
-All currentNON-Veterans Affairs Federalemployees must submit a copy of your latest NON-AWARD SF-50 (Notification of Personnel Action) showing Title, Series, Grade and Step (required if applicable).
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application such asdocumentation to support Veterans Preference claims, etc. You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference for 5pt (TP), or 10pt (CP/CPS, XPP, XP), or for Sole Survivor Preference (SSP), on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section(s) provided. A legible copy of your DD214(s) indicating character of service, disability certification, SF-15 (if claiming 10 pt. preference) or if you are currently serving on active duty and expected to be released or discharged within 120 days; documentation related to your active duty service which reflects the dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation.Documentation is required for eligibility verification.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online.Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options.The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2006393.
NOTE:If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.