Registered Nurse - Intermittent (Per Diem) Eureka CA
Eureka CBOC, 1 Position
The Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC) RN Care Manager is a member of the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) Core Team (Patient, RN, LVN, MSA) and Expanded Team (family, care giver, internal and community based services) involved in providing care to the patient, developing and executing the patient centered care plan. This RN works in partnership with an assigned panel of patients and teamlet members for effective disease and chronic care management. The CBOC RN Care Manager is responsible for collaborating with services at the VA, both external and internal, to facilitate care transition and improve patient care outcomes.
Functional Statement Title/#: Registered Nurse 662/000000
Hours: Monday thru Friday, 0730-1600 or 0800-1630. Occasional weekend hours may be necessary.
- U.S. citizenship. Non-citizens may be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). In cases of graduates of foreign schools of professional nursing, possession of current, full, active and unrestricted registration will meet the requirement of graduation from an approved school of professional nursing. The completion of coursework equivalent to a nursing degree in a MSN Bridge Program that qualifies for professional nursing registration constitutes the completion of an approved course of study of professional nursing. Students should submit the certificate of professional nursing to sit for the NCLEX to the VA along with a copy of the MSN transcript. (Reference VA Handbook 5005, Appendix G6)
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and speak English.
- BSN preferred
- 2-3 years of primary care, acute care or urgent care experience
- Knowledge of the principles of the medical home model or patient-aligned care teams
- Knowledge of community resources
Physical Requirements: Position is subject to a pre-employment physical and medical examination. Heavy Lifting (35 lbs and over); Heavy Carrying (35 lbs and over); Straight Pulling (up to 1 hour); Pushing (1 ?,- 2 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Use of fingers; Both hands required; Walking (up to 3 hours); Standing (up to 3 hours); Repeated bending (up to 1 hour); Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; Hearing (aid permitted)
- Resume or CV
- VA Form 10-2850a - Application for Nurses and Nurse Anesthetists. Available at the VA Forms website: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=10-2850&tkey=&Action=Search
- If you are a graduate of a foreign education institution -please provide a copy of your ICD or CES education equivalency certificate
- SF50 - (If you are a current Federal employee)
- DD-214 (If you are a Veteran)
- Copy of certification or licensure
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.
Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on the Occupational Questionnaire in the section provided and provide a legible copy of your DD214(s) and/or documentation related to your active duty service which shows dates of service, character of service (honorable, general, etc.), or dates of impending separation. Additionally, disabled veterans and others eligible for 10-point preference (such as widows or mothers of eligible Veterans) must also submit an SF-15 "Application for 10 Point Veterans Preference" with required proof as stated on the form. For more information, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/vetpref/index.aspx.
Faxing Applications or Supporting Documents: You are encouraged to apply online. Applying online will allow you to review and track the status of your application. If you are unable to apply online or unable to upload your supporting documents to your online application, follow the directions located at the following site: Fax Options. The Vacancy ID of the job opportunity announcement is 2005403.
NOTE: If you applied online and your application is complete, do not fax the paper application (1203-FX) as this will overwrite your prior online responses and may result in you being found ineligible.