Chest Pain Center Program Coordinator, RN, Nursing Administration, FT, Days, Pennington, NJ
Capital Health is the region's leader in advanced medicine with significant investments in advanced technologies and the best physicians. Comprising its two hospitals (Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton and the Capital Health Medical Center - Hopewell) and the Capital Health - Hamilton outpatient facility, Capital Health is a growing healthcare organization that is accredited by The Joint Commission. Capital Health has also received Magnet® status for the fourth consecutive time in recognition of its quality patient care, innovations in professional nursing practice, and nursing excellence. Only 29 organizations in the country have received Magnet status four times and five of those organizations are in New Jersey. In addition, our nursing team received special recognition for excellence in stroke and outpatient emergency care.
- Manages all direct and indirect nursing care given to low risk population of patients entering Chest Pain Program to ensure optimal patient care. Provides clinical services to patients. Assists in the development of strategic plan for the growth of Cardiology section.
- Promotes and monitors Chest Pain Program and its safety.
- Assists and recommends protocols and guidelines for best practice for the treatment of cardiac patients across the care continuum. Assists in the development of strategic plan for the growth of the organization.
- Oversees the tracking process for data related to cardiac patients and provides data to CPC steering committee to initiate changes that will drive process improvement.
- Works as a liaison to EMS to assure optimal continuity of care, from pre-hospital to hospital.
- Educates nurses and ancillary staff on best practices in the treatment of patients. Develops education for all new hires to reach mission and vision goals of organization and maintains department accreditation.
- Works closely with Quality Management to assure metrics are in place and shows continuous improvement in the care of ACS patients and for CMS reporting purposes. Monitors and tracks EKG transmissions, cardio-pulmonary alert processes, and troponin and EKG times all for process improvement. Reviews charts as necessary.
- Represents CH at the local, regional and national level related to best practices for heart patients. Speaks at educational conferences and becomes involved in the SCPC.
- Accounts for all phases of staff development including hiring, orientation, supervision, evaluation and professional growth. Develops and maintains monthly schedule for staff. Serves as staff mentor and serves as a positive example to physicians, employees, patients and families.
- Valid NJ RN License
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Low employee expense for medical and dental insurance
- 403(b) Savings and Retirement Program
Easy commute from PA and major NJ routes.
Find out why our 3000+ employees have chosen Capital Health.
For more information and to Express Your Interest in less than 60 seconds, please visit:
Equal opportunity employer.