CERTIFIED NURSING AIDE - CNA
CERTIFIED NURSING AIDE - CNA
Garden Terrace Healthcare Center of Federal Way
Position type: Full-time (35 hours)
Shift: Evening shift
The CERTIFIED NURSING AIDE - CNA is responsible for providing routine daily nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be a graduate of a State-approved CNA program
- Must be currently registered/licensed in applicable State. Must maintain an active license in good standing throughout employment.
- One (1) year geriatric nursing experience preferred
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during orientation. CPR certification must remain current during employment.
Specific Job Requirements
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as willingness to handle difficult patients
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and guidelines governing functions in the post-acute care facility
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the department
- Must perform proficiently in all competency areas including but not limited to: direct patient care, patient rights, and safety and sanitation
- Maintains professional working relationships with all associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or confidential information
- Must understand and follow company policies including harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and other appropriate compliance training
- Must be able to lift, turn, move, position, and transport patients
- Must be able to assist patients with baths, showers, personal grooming, feeding, and toileting
- Must be able to accurately document and chart patient care
- Must be able to respond to call lights promptly
- Must exhibit excellent customer service and a positive attitude towards patients
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of patients
- Must demonstrate dependable, regular attendance
- Must be able to concentrate and use reasoning skills and good judgment
- Must be able to communicate and function productively on an interdisciplinary team
- Must be able to sit, stand, bend, lift, push, pull, stoop, walk, reach, and move intermittently during working hours
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Benefits for Full-Time Associates
- medical, dental, vision, life and short-term disability coverage
- paid vacation, sick days and holidays
For more information on our location, visit us at http://gardenterracehealthcare.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Federal Way, WACompany Description
The Life Care Centers of America story began in 1970 when Garden Terrace Convalescent Center, now Life Care Center of Cleveland, was built in Cleveland, Tennessee. With a highly trained staff of caring associates and a beautiful building resembling a home environment more than a traditional nursing home, Life Care embarked on its more than 40-years of experience in care with a consistent focus on the resident as the highest priority.
No longer simply nursing homes, Life Care offers more services in order to meet the needs of residents and patients across the country. Through the years, Life Care added Alzheimer and dementia care, assisted and independent living facilities, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, and on-site physicians.
Life Care continues to look for innovative ways to enhance resident and patient care. The same passion for resident-centered care, that started in 1970, still fuels Life Care today.
Today Life Care operates or manages more than 200 skilled nursing, rehabilitation, Alzheimers and senior living campuses in 28 states