Nurse - RN/LPN
Our Lady of the Valley is currently hiring for a full-time 3-11 and part-time 11-7 nursein our Nursing Home.
The Licensed Practical/Registered Nurse is responsible for the implementation of health related programs, services and activities which promote, enhance and maintain health and independence. She/he is responsible for implementing health related procedures and records in compliance with the orders of the Director of Nursing Services, the residents' physicians as well as the facility's licensing agencies.
This position requires the candidate be a graduate of an accredited school of registered or licensed practical nursing and licensed in good standing.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Conducts comprehensive resident assessment and develops a plan of care based on that assessment which is consistent with medical recommendations; directs the Nursing Assistants in meeting the nursing needs of the residents based on the written care plan
- Observes and records pertinent symptoms, reaction and progress of the residents, notifying the Director of Nursing or his/her designee, attending physician and other members of the multi-disciplinary team as appropriate
- Recognizes special needs of the elderly and/or disabled and therefore ensures a safe environment at all times to protect the resident, self and staff from injury
- Implements and directs restorative nursing care as appropriate for each resident to achieve and maintain the highest level of care and independence
- Monitors nursing QA indicators of quality care/services, including infection control surveillance and prevention
- Current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a LPN/RN in Virginia
- Current CPR certification, or acquire certification within 60 days of hire
- At least 1 years of prior Nursing Home or Assisted Living experience preferred
Our Lady of the Valley is a nonprofit, nondenominational senior living community sponsored by the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. Since 1989, we have provided comfortable and affordable senior housing and care for those who call our community home. Our on-site continuum of care includes assisted living, long-term nursing care, and skilled rehabilitation services.